Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Crystal Method @ B&W

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Crystal Method @ B&W

    "The Crystal Method At DEF CON 20! Posted 3.30.12 As part of our 20th anniversary celebration, DEF CON is ecstatic to announce the headlining act for our Saturday evening White Ball: The Crystal Method! These guys are pioneers in the electronic music scene, with soundtrack appearances on movies like Spawn, Blade, The Replacement Killers, and many others."

    I'm a huge crystal method fan and am super excited for this!

    But the B&W room was pretty tiny last year, and crystal method could definitely attract outsiders ("free" concert in vegas anyone?).

    Kallahar
    27
    Less than 100.
    0.00%
    0
    100-500
    7.41%
    2
    501-1000
    11.11%
    3
    1001-half-of-all-attendees
    29.63%
    8
    all attendees
    11.11%
    3
    Don't know.
    11.11%
    3
    Will comment below
    0.00%
    0
    I know, but won't tell you.
    29.63%
    8

    The poll is expired.

    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

  • #2
    Re: The Crystal Method @ B&W

    We have a new larger space this year, which is ~4x the size.

    We're also working on having strict security in place for checking badges.

    Originally posted by kallahar View Post
    "The Crystal Method At DEF CON 20! Posted 3.30.12 As part of our 20th anniversary celebration, DEF CON is ecstatic to announce the headlining act for our Saturday evening White Ball: The Crystal Method! These guys are pioneers in the electronic music scene, with soundtrack appearances on movies like Spawn, Blade, The Replacement Killers, and many others."

    I'm a huge crystal method fan and am super excited for this!

    But the B&W room was pretty tiny last year, and crystal method could definitely attract outsiders ("free" concert in vegas anyone?).

    Kallahar
    http://greatscottmusic.net * http://soundcloud.com/greatscott * http://twitter.com/greatscottmusic * http://glitch.fm

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by greatscott View Post
      We have a new larger space this year, which is ~4x the size.

      We're also working on having strict security in place for checking badges.
      moved to the B&W ball forum.

      Edit: kallahar also asked for a poll to be added. Added.

      My comment on the poll:

      I think 500-1000 will "go" to the event, but up to half the con will want to go, but not be allowed because of maximum occupancy, or the fire marshal.
      Last edited by TheCotMan; 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM.
      tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Crystal Method @ B&W

        Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
        I think 500-1000 will "go" to the event, but up to half the con will want to go, but not be allowed because of maximum occupancy, or the fire marshal.
        Speaking of which...do we yet know the max capacity of that particular venue space? Is it the same as the ballroom set up was last year?
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*
        www.dj-jackalope.com
        send in the drop bears!
        ======================================

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Crystal Method @ B&W

          Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
          Speaking of which...do we yet know the max capacity of that particular venue space? Is it the same as the ballroom set up was last year?
          It's much bigger. ~4x as large as the space last year.
          http://greatscottmusic.net * http://soundcloud.com/greatscott * http://twitter.com/greatscottmusic * http://glitch.fm

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Crystal Method @ B&W

            Crystal Method has been a life changer in my musical life. Must say that I have never seen them live & would do my very best to be one of the first through to get a glimpse of these great pioneers of the electronic scene.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Crystal Method @ B&W

              Originally posted by wreq5 View Post
              Must say that I have never seen them live & would do my very best to be one of the first through to get a glimpse of these great pioneers of the electronic scene.
              Come to Denver, they play Beta about once every 4 months. Good dj skills from both of them all around and fun to watch. Very awesome show. I wanna see the Crystal Method play LIVE someday. Maybe they can battle the Chemical Brothers.

              It would be the Crystal Method vs the Dust Brothers (Chemical brothers' name until they got sued by the 'real' dust brothers)..amphetamine warfare at its best.
              ======================================
              DJ Jackalope
              dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*
              www.dj-jackalope.com
              send in the drop bears!
              ======================================

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Crystal Method @ B&W

                Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                Come to Denver, they play Beta about once every 4 months. Good dj skills from both of them all around and fun to watch. Very awesome show. I wanna see the Crystal Method play LIVE someday. Maybe they can battle the Chemical Brothers.

                It would be the Crystal Method vs the Dust Brothers (Chemical brothers' name until they got sued by the 'real' dust brothers)..amphetamine warfare at its best.

                How appropriate they play Defcon! Last time I saw them I was still a teenager. Epic homecoming fo' shizzle!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Crystal Method @ B&W

                  Just thought I'd jump on here real quick before I forgot to give my yeah yeahs... the White Ball was freakin' great! We really enjoyed the Meme-mashup craziness in the visuals for ZEE (The Kitteh Trench Coat Reveal still makes me LOL), and Crystal Method really did it up pro style. It was great to hear them do their thing as if they were in a full on club (which was pretty damn close in that ball-room, the way DC had it set up). Coming from an old 2-turntables view of DJs, it was great watching CM do their thing. Those guys have skills, and really showed it in their selection and mixing. Following them up with Elite Force was also choice. The breaks just got deeper and we appreciated that.

                  In short, we had a blast! So looking forward to 21!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X