Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja Badge / Party 2011 - CANCELED

Hi folks,

You may have heard by now that I spent the last month in the hospital getting poked and prodded. Needless to say, this has had a rather negative effect on my ability to work with the crew here planning and executing our traditional DEFCON event, along with the Ninja badge.

We're going to have to cancel our 2011 event, and our badge, redirecting efforts into the large 2012 event for DEFCON 20. The badge technology we were designing this year will carry forward.

So, no Ninja Party this year.

We appreciate everyone's support, and are looking forward to concluding the most ambitious badge and event effort we've ever attempted - next year at DEFCON 20.

Q: Is this a 'fight club' thing? Like, is there really a Ninja Party?

A: I swear to god it is not. There is no Ninja Party this year. Not a trick/gag/test/etc.

Q: I heard the Ninjas rented a castle or something and are throwing a party.

A: The Ninjas did rent some sort of weird castle thing, but there is NOT A NINJA PARTY THERE.

Q: I heard there is really a Ninja Badge and a Ninja Party but it's super sekret and this is a misinformation campaign.

A: There really, really, really is not. It's not a secret or a test or anything. Any rumors to the contrary are just rumors.

Re: Ninja Badge / Party 2011 - CANCELED

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...crush-them.jpg

Comment

Many of us in the community have been aware of your situation and following updates. I was skeptical as to whether we would see the Ninja party this year because of that. Good luck in your recovery.

... Castle, eh?

Comment

You need to get healthy first, before you can destroy yourself through party. It's all order of operations
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Scaramental Wine Taster for the Church Of WiFi
        Buy our books!
        "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" – Adam Savage
        CoWF WPA Hash Tables
        My Pants Are Haunted! My Pants Are Haunted!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your health.

So, since defcon is canceled, is the castle and trapeze available?

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
            You need to get healthy first, before you can destroy yourself through party. It's all order of operations
            What he said. Good juju on the recovery your way.
            "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Wait the Ninja Party isn't at the Green Door? ;-) Get better barkode

xor
              Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Get better, dude. :-)

Comment

Sorry to hear about your health and the cancellation of the Ninja Party. BUT, your health is much more important! Get well, stay well come back 3times as strong next year!!!

Comment

Considering what the Ninjas do for us, I say we have the party for them this year. We can in no way equal their showmanship, but we can make sure they never pay a red cent for any alcohol.

Comment

Sorry to hear it. Hope you recover quickly

Comment

The ninja party has been a highlight of defcon for as long as I've been going. Thanks to you and everyone else over the years who has put in so much hard work, just so that the rest of us can also have a good time! I certainly look forward to seeing you healthy and throwing a kickass party next year!

Kallahar
                        --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

The ninjas do good work.

barkode and the ninjas always worked to make everyone have a good time.

All my best.

Comment

First off Thank you and the rest of Ninja's for such an awesome event!

All the best for a speedy recovery Barkode!

Comment

Barkode,
                              Sorry to hear about your health problems. Not knowing exactly what is going on- I do hope you get back to the healthy side of life. The body can bounce back from a lot of shit. So best of luck to you.

Also, it was cool to have finally meet you last year. You guys (Ninja's) are the coolest hosts.

-BK-

Comment

Working...
                              X