Date of Bike Ride

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of Bike Ride

The 2nd Defcon Bike Ride by Cycle Override will be July 26th, 2012. 6am at McGhies. Hope to see you all there!

Re: Date of Bike Ride

Yall roadies or mtb? Where are you planning on riding? I'd like to hit up some desert single track while I'm in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by b1z View Post
      Yall roadies or mtb? Where are you planning on riding? I'd like to hit up some desert single track while I'm in Vegas.
      We started out as roadies -- but alot of people rented Mountain bikes for the planned ride last year. (We are planning on a road ride --- but PM me if you want to talk about planning a single track ride)

Comment

Do you remember what the cost was to rent? I can't imaging the cost to ship a bike to vegas for a day ride.

WiK

Comment

Originally posted by wick2o View Post
          Do you remember what the cost was to rent? I can't imaging the cost to ship a bike to vegas for a day ride.

WiK
          It was about $45 dollars. Rental rates are here: http://mcghies.com/about/rent-a-bike-pg458.htm

Comment

We talking bicycles & not motorcycles? Meh. What's the route?

Comment

Originally posted by VaVaDoom View Post
              We talking bicycles & not motorcycles? Meh. What's the route?
              From McGhies out to Red Rock and back -- about 25 miles.

Comment

MMmmm, sounds like fun. 25mi out to Red Rock seems pretty heavy though. I always just bike around town out here. Guessing a beach cruizer wouldn't be the best idea

Comment

25 of us did it last year and it was a blast. It's like 1% grade uphill out, and you just coast back.

punkrokk

Originally posted by kermit007 View Post
                  MMmmm, sounds like fun. 25mi out to Red Rock seems pretty heavy though. I always just bike around town out here. Guessing a beach cruizer wouldn't be the best idea

Comment

I'm bringing my own road bike (assuming it survives the first 3 days of RAGBRAI) but others I know others will either have rented mtb or bringing their own.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjet View Post
                      I'm bringing my own road bike (assuming it survives the first 3 days of RAGBRAI) but others I know others will either have rented mtb or bringing their own.
                      Last year some people rented MTB some people rode road bikes, some of them were rented from McGhies, some people flew or brought bikes in.

Comment

Originally posted by punkrokk View Post
                        Last year some people rented MTB some people rode road bikes, some of them were rented from McGhies, some people flew or brought bikes in.
                        I know. I was there. But the route is clearly all road. And nothing about going off-road - so no benefit to getting a mountain bike. And frankly I think the route is too short.

Perhaps someone can work on an off-road route this year or for next. I would definitely go for that!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjet View Post
                          I know. I was there. But the route is clearly all road. And nothing about going off-road - so no benefit to getting a mountain bike. And frankly I think the route is too short.

Perhaps someone can work on an off-road route this year or for next. I would definitely go for that!
                          I'm up for for a mountain bike ride. McGhies has a Mtn Bike course with onsite rentals. I'll PM you with some data about it.

Comment

How will bike rental work when the journey begins @ 6am but McGhies doesn't open until 10am? Pick up the night before?

Comment

How will bike rental work when the journey begins @ 6am but McGhies doesn't open until 10am? Pick up the night before?
                              Last year McGhies opened early for the group. I would imagine it would be the same this year.

The glitch last year was that when we returned - no one was there to check us back in so we had to wait an hour or so. Is that being addressed this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X