The DEF CON Beard & Moustache Championships are official

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DEF CON Beard & Moustache Championships are official

Aloha all. As of today, it's official. The DEF CON Beard & Moustache Championship will be making a spectacle for every one to behold.

There will be prizes in each category (Beards, Moustaches, Partial Beards, Freestyle, & Fake Beards). Beard groupies will delight in the splendour of bearded individuals of all kinds.

Start growing now. Fame, fortune, and glory could all be yours.

http://dcbmc.com/
    Facebook Event
    Twitter: @dc_bmc
    Last edited by red_beard; 05-26-2011, 03:04 AM.

Re: The DEF CON Beard & Moustache Championships are official

Where do I sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by SmittyHalibut View Post
      Where do I sign up?
      You can throw your hat on the facebook page, or give me your twitter handle and I'll announce it to the world.

Comment

I'm a bit late to the game, apparently. I try to avoid FaceBook where I can, but @SmittyHalibut and smittyhalibut@gmail.com (for the G+ enabled of you) is throwing in his chin-- err, yeah. I'd like to enter the contest.

Comment

BeardCon SignUp

OK, PMing didn't work.

What are the sign up procedures for those of us too paranoid for farcebook and who refuse to tweet?

WB

Comment

Re: BeardCon SignUp

find stage, be beardful?
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Sorry about that. Converge pretty much nailed it. We'll have a table in the vendor area where you can register any time up till 5pm Saturday afternoon.

Comment

What category do sideburns/mutton chops fall under?

Comment

Do you have a schedule of when which categories will be presented? About how long do you expect the whole shebang to run? Will winners be announced on Saturday or on Sunday?

Comment

Since I did not run into you again, less inebriated or not .....

My sideburns, for which some random girl in the midwest can die happy after seeing this image (appropriately taken at a 2600 meeting), were simply overshadowed by the other "partial beard" contestants.

To help me along with this, I have used wikipedia because the terms that I know are a bit broad here. Before the contest I thought of facial hair coming in: beard, sideburns, and goatee (which I always thought included a mustache until I was corrected) with or without a mustache included; so if nothing else I learned something.

My thoughts on the limited selection of categories:
                    Partial beard makes sense for sideburns since there is a gap. It even makes sense for someone that merely has a goatee since it is partially covering the face/jaw.
                    The full beards that lack a mustache component (Donegal) should be their own category since it is connected. The peculiar sideburns that connect with a mustache (Stashburns/Friendly Mutton Chops) could fit in this category too.
                    Those with something involving a mustache and the chin should be their own category as well. A goatee with a mustache (Van Dyke) simply has no place in the partial beard category.

PS: This video is quite relevant to the contest.
                    PPS: I use the term"womb brush" every chance I get, thanks to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X