HHV Event Planning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHV Event Planning

Made this so we can throw around some ideas on what will be happening in the HHV beyond the usual Open work areas.

Re: HHV Event Planning

So for Day 2 (Saturday) I have gotten together 5 solder stations will tools and got a box of kits for people (pref. people who have no exp or little exp in soldering) to build and take home with them. I funded all of this so no complaints LOL. Im still searching the net for cheap kits so if you know of a source let me know. Oh I got a professional Electronic Tech that solders for a living to teach the "class" so you will receive top notch instruction and go home with improved skills.

Comment

I know there was some interest in the past about doing a bit of surface mount work, maybe even a small oven type set up. Do you think there is enough interest to warrant towing along a setup?

I plan on bringing my PIC programmer, and the Teensy from last year, and maybe a propeller dev board or two. Maybe even setting up some older laptops to run the environments on. The idea would be to allow people to play with the setup and see what it takes without having to invest in anything till they saw what they wanted. Maybe even have some tasks, of graduating difficulty. Given the need for some supervision, they may not be available all the time, but maybe for scheduled times. The idea for this comes from the lock towers, in the Lock Pick village.

There have been talks in the past. I really got a lot out of the Propeller informational one last year. A schedule of such talks available times would be great. And some way to keep an updated posting of them..... hum starting to ponder.....

TieShort
      -------------------------------------
      Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
      käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm sure we will have space for you.

Originally posted by TieShort View Post
        I know there was some interest in the past about doing a bit of surface mount work, maybe even a small oven type set up. Do you think there is enough interest to warrant towing along a setup?

I plan on bringing my PIC programmer, and the Teensy from last year, and maybe a propeller dev board or two. Maybe even setting up some older laptops to run the environments on. The idea would be to allow people to play with the setup and see what it takes without having to invest in anything till they saw what they wanted. Maybe even have some tasks, of graduating difficulty. Given the need for some supervision, they may not be available all the time, but maybe for scheduled times. The idea for this comes from the lock towers, in the Lock Pick village.

There have been talks in the past. I really got a lot out of the Propeller informational one last year. A schedule of such talks available times would be great. And some way to keep an updated posting of them..... hum starting to ponder.....

TieShort

Comment

I'm planning on bringing a soldering station. I'd be glad to help out teaching too! I'll also see what components I have lying around and bring what I can.

Can't wait for the con to start! I missed last year, so I'm ready to go!

Comment

Originally posted by c0re1287 View Post
            I'm planning on bringing a soldering station. I'd be glad to help out teaching too! I'll also see what components I have lying around and bring what I can.

Can't wait for the con to start! I missed last year, so I'm ready to go!
            I got a few extra kits and some older soldering training circuit boards you can use. Hit me up at the CON.

Comment

Working...
            X