Special Defcon Shoot Badges?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Defcon Shoot Badges?

I realize the amount of money that goes towards badges is probably like 10-50 cents but I wanted to create this thread to see if anyone has brilliant ideas for cool defcon shoot badges that could be made up cheaply. Example, a 50bmg or 20mm casing with a hole drilled in it around your neck (though not cheap), maybe someone has access to a laser engraver or something and could produce something interesting.

Anyone have some ideas?

Another idea, a chamber flag necklace using paracord. And the coolest idea would be to have a zigbee or other wireless radio with a speaker and a button so anyone could hit it and signal a cease fire, though that is likely more expensive than the registration price and a little late to start development on.

(Obviously deviant has final say and he hasn't said that he is looking at doing this, I just wanted to gauge interest. Since the price is already set maybe we could have a opt-in to the special badge where you pay $5 extra or whatever it costs to get the cooler badge?)
    Last edited by seeess; 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM.

Re: Special Defcon Shoot Badges?

Paracord bracelet is a cool idea. No reason it has to be a neck-worn badge.

To prevent counterfeits it could be a weave of colors kept secret until the event day.

Comment

Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
      Paracord bracelet is a cool idea. No reason it has to be a neck-worn badge.

To prevent counterfeits it could be a weave of colors kept secret until the event day.
      with the weave encoding some information maybe. That would also be very easy to create different RSO/volunteer/human/nonfree/military badges. If there was a "black" badge that might be a problem. Really stretching it now but having a shooting competition for a black badge would also be fun.

Comment

naturally people are free to make up whatever cool badge ideas they wish and wear them that day, but they will be treated more or less like forum avatar badges... bonus coolness points but no actual authority or recognition by staff on site.

i will have badges for everyone who has registered and/or is on staff as Security or RSO. they will not be the same as last year's badges. they will not be revealed before the event. you will all get to take them home.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
        X