Thanks to DT, Kive & Stits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to DT, Kive & Stits

Another great year. Thanks for all your hard work in planning and organizing the contest. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the contest docs going public : )

Sincerely,
    datagram
    The Motherfucking Professionals

Re: Thanks to DT, Kive & Stits

HERE HERE!!
    Vell, WiK's just zis guy

Comment

Agreed. Thanks a bunch for putting this together. I had a great time and look forward to next year.
      Awesome twist with the Jagermeister.

Comment

Yeah, we all appreciated getting pnwed by the same stuff we defeated easily last year... proof of overconfidence, no doubt.

It really was an awesome contest this year, and I appreciate how much 'fun' it was when you were handed tons of crap at the last minute to judge.

On a side note, I think Mariachi's idea of a Tamper Evident village next year rocks, and I gladly volunteer to work it. Kive said something about being able to work it & still do the contest, and that's right where I want to be.

Thanks to Covert Penetration for sharing so much of their supplies this year!
        The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

So I have a question for other teams:

Is anyone authorized to post their data on the tamper evident wiki? I can access our team site, but am still not authorized to post anything.

Comment

Originally posted by snideology View Post
            So I have a question for other teams:

Is anyone authorized to post their data on the tamper evident wiki? I can access our team site, but am still not authorized to post anything.
            Were you able to see the forum section on TEW and find the forum announcements? I posted information from Kive on those plans. (Kive, DT, Neil and I are admins over there. This is new, but we are trying to separate our duties and responsibilities. Kive gets content and many settings for the wiki, forums, etc., while I work on OS, software builds, installs, and upgrades.) We are pretty much waiting for 2 things:
            * Kive remove passwords from wiki and forums used by teams
            * Kive and Stits extract content from team wikis, and if they desire it, roll that into a comprehensive wiki on broken TE-technologies, using information from many teams.

I don't know if there has been a decision on which users will be able to alter all of the wikis. As of right now, the aggregated wiki is limited to mods and admins, but that may change. It may be expanded to a new usergroup that requires promotion or any users. No idea. Make suggestions on the forums over on the TEW for what you want to see change, and maybe the suggestions will be used by Kive, Stits, and DT to build the forums and wikis over on TEW.
            tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
              Were you able to see the forum section on TEW and find the forum announcements? I posted information from Kive on those plans...
              * Kive remove passwords from wiki and forums used by teams
              * Kive and Stits extract content from team wikis, and if they desire it, roll that into a comprehensive wiki on broken TE-technologies, using information from many teams.
              But that is the problem: using my team password, which works, I am still apparently unable to post the team data content; i.e., I am not authorized to 'post new article.'. I can log into my team section, but if I cannot post the data, there will be no content to extract. I do know that other teams had problems posting their data as well.

*SIGH* perhaps I am missing some essential. I will dig around the team TEC section again tomorrow, see what can be seen. Hey Cot, do you ever actually sleep? (I don't, which is why I responded so fast.) Was hoping to meet you at the forum meet, but I had to dash back to the contest. O well, next year

Comment

Originally posted by snideology View Post
                But that is the problem: using my team password, which works, I am still apparently unable to post the team data content; i.e., I am not authorized to 'post new article.'. I can log into my team section, but if I cannot post the data, there will be no content to extract. I do know that other teams had problems posting their data as well.
                Ah. Best guess? Kive disabled access to teams when the deadline was hit, to prevent one team from making more changes after the deadline arrived. (Just a guess.)

Strange that the weekend Kive described was last weekend. Next time I see him online in IM, I'll bug him again. (At the time I bugged him last, he was using his phone or something like it, and was mobile. As a result of these, he did not have a full fledged client for web access.)

*SIGH* perhaps I am missing some essential. I will dig around the team TEC section again tomorrow, see what can be seen. Hey Cot, do you ever actually sleep? (I don't, which is why I responded so fast.)
                Didn't you know? Cot died. I am a program designed to replace him and have been running for several years. Even the G+ Account says Cot is software. :-)

Was hoping to meet you at the forum meet, but I had to dash back to the contest. O well, next year
                As for next year, I am skipping con next year. No, there is nothing wrong. I attended my first 6 Defcon year after year without skipping any. However, over the last 10 Defcon, I have been attending every other con, on average. During the off years, I go to visit friends in far away places instead of Defcon. Yes, I do plan to still visit the forums and help with the moderation stuff. (I do not like vanity mod status. The mods we have keep their access because they are active. Just because I won't be at Defcon does not mean I can sit on my ass and push work onto the plates of my fellow mods.) I am planning a return at DC21.
                tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Working...
                X