What's the latest planning here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the latest planning here?

Just checking in. I turned this event over to Uncle Enzo and the NullSpace guys after DC19.

How are things looking? Is there any new information to post? I'd happily update my own page on deviating.net which discusses the contest if there are new rules, a signup thread, etc.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: What's the latest planning here?

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    Just checking in. I turned this event over to Uncle Enzo and the NullSpace guys after DC19.

How are things looking? Is there any new information to post? I'd happily update my own page on deviating.net which discusses the contest if there are new rules, a signup thread, etc.
    I sent an email to you (and others) reminding people about the time to get information to Pyr0 for contests, events, etc. If you have that email, could you forward it to the people that are supposed to be running this for this year? When I sync-up with Pyr0, Nikita, DT and neil on what contests, events, social gatherings, etc. are known, anything that has unknown status with them will have their forum(s) disabled/closed.

I'm not being a jerk with this; the forums will follow the decisions made on which contests, events, etc. are known. (Things like the Toxic BBQ, and DC Shoot don't really use Defcon resources other than forums, so it is up to them if they even want to get mentioned in the Defcon Program by contacting the appropriate person/people. These kinds of events are grandfathered into having forums without a requirement that they get some sort of nod from someone.)

If they plan on running this at the Toxic BBQ, then they could probably keep a forum, but they really should talk to L0nd0 and/or GodMinusOne about this. (There may be requirements on no glass containers, or some other weird stuff that if not considered, could get the Toxic BBQ shut down, and I don't think anyone would want that.)

Thanks man!
    -Cot

Thanks!
    tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

I talked to enzo two weeks ago, and it sounded like he had some plans for the contest he wanted to unveil on tax day. I offered to help him run it, and he said he would rather see me be a competitor. I imagine I can help run the contest as well as participate objectively.

Kallahar, Arclight and myself have been talking about this lately, I'd be glad to take on some responsibilities but i don't want to step on any dicks, since enzo is a homie. I can call him and pester him as well, I suppose. I'll also bug the guys at NSL. Has anyone heard from Hearken?

Plan on this contest happening one way or another, even if I'm the only competitor. I don't know anything about the toxic bbq, but it sounds like a good idea.

Comment

I second Machinist taking over, unless enzo has some super secret planning going on in secret. I'll certainly volunteer to help out with pre-planning and figuring out the new rules. I learned from running the robot contest that these plans have to be worked out WAY ahead of time, like today, or people don't compete.

Kallahar
        --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

I have heard from Uncle Enzo and we're all excited to see what he's coming up with for the BCCC at DC20. i've spoken to him and he will be posting more on the forums here soon.

He's drawn up some preliminary rules and i've posted them to my site, we expect that he may draw up a full BCCC site sometime soon. It looks like he's bringing some discipline and regular to the contest with real maths and a scoring system, etc... heh, 7 years is all it took to get ourselves a really detailed way of calculating things, aside from simply showing how good peoples Delta T was.

i'm eager to see how things go.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
            I have heard from Uncle Enzo and we're all excited to see what he's coming up with for the BCCC at DC20. i've spoken to him and he will be posting more on the forums here soon.

He's drawn up some preliminary rules and i've posted them to my site, we expect that he may draw up a full BCCC site sometime soon. It looks like he's bringing some discipline and regular to the contest with real maths and a scoring system, etc... heh, 7 years is all it took to get ourselves a really detailed way of calculating things, aside from simply showing how good peoples Delta T was.

i'm eager to see how things go.

Deviant Ollam confirmed the forum user Nz0 (N Z "zero" : UID=30049) is the person he handed the BCCC over to, and he is on the forums with this username. Consider information from Nz0 as authoritative for the BCCC.

Thanks and good luck!
            -Cot
            tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
              Deviant Ollam confirmed the forum user Nz0 (N Z "zero" : UID=30049) is the person he handed the BCCC over to, and he is on the forums with this username. Consider information from Nz0 as authoritative for the BCCC.
              A mod vouched for Nz0, and we started the 2 week period for mods to comment. No negative comments, and now, two weeks later, Nz0 is a forum leader/organizer for the BCCC forums for DC20. Once made a leader/organizer, there is no other review process. So, if Nz0 runs another contest this year or future years, and as the organizer, or the organizer of the contest, event or social gathering says they are also an organizer, then we can add Nz0 as a leader/organizer to the forum associated with it, without a 2 week review process.

Re-stated: Forum leaders/organizers are not mods. They have extra controls within any forum they are a forum leader/organizer to promote and edit threads. They can set/unset stickies, open/close threads that are off-topic or too old, and have a few other controls like this for posts and threads within the forum associated with their contest, event or social gathering.
              Forum Leaders/Organizers do not ban/unban users or enforce forum rules.

Thanks and good luck!
              -Cot

Comment

Working...
              X