X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCCC DEFCON 20 Official Signup Thread

Hey guys!

Submit your entries here.

Please submit your Team Name, the number of team members, if you need power, and space requirements.

We will have power and tables available. Power will be standard "household" 120v 3 pronged power.
    If your power requirements are more than that, please consult with the guys who are using the
    unlicensed nuclear reactors.

-Nz0
    Last edited by Nz0; 05-31-2012, 03:26 PM.
    Paid for by the Our Thing Foundation

Re: BCCC DEFCON 20 Official Signup Thread

Alas, classes prevent Team Sax from participating this year. :( We've enjoyed the competition for the past three years and look forward to the new challenge of an exact temperature goal when we return. And who knows, maybe the folks at Discovery Channel will cover the event this year . . .

I'd prefer the goal temperature to be at 30F as that's where I like my beer, but to each his or her own. ;)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." -Optimus Prime

Comment

Ad-Hoc will be attending again with a smaller, more airline friendly of the liquid C02 system. Also, far less likely to explode. Hmm I just used airline and explode in the same post. Anyway, ya. There is one problem. I will need some dry ice and don't have a way of getting it. Anyone think it's a good idea maybe to do a community pool or something and get one person to pick it up rather then everyone make their own trips?

Comment

Unfortunately, the move to Saturday at 1:00 PM means that team He-Brew will have to bow out of the competition this year.

Team Ad-Hoc, I'd be happy to share with you the different places where I usually get my dry ice. I could even make my usual early Friday run to pick up a bunch of dry ice if people are interested in a group buy.

Even though I won't be able to compete, I'd love to help out with the competition in whatever way I can. BCCC has been a fun way to start Defcon for the past 5 years for me and I'd hate to just walk away from it.

Comment

Im game for chipping in for some dry ice :)

Comment

Team Alcholocast is intending to make an entry with 4 team members.

We would like to have power, and the space requirement is 5' X 6'

~/Doc

Comment

HI,

I'd like to compete this year as "Team RDG". It's myself and one (maybe two depending on scheduling) other people. It is a table top device that needs 110v power.

If accepted, I'm planning on UPSing the contraption to my hotel. I'm pretty sure the T$A would give me a cavity search or two if I tried to ship it as checked luggage. Has anyone had any success transporting their cooling devices this way?

-G

Comment

Team 23b will be competing this year. we'll have three team members, access to power is requested, and i only need a space big enough for a small table.
                Last edited by machinist; 06-30-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

In review of the rules: Teams should not exceed three people...

We would like to update that the Alcoholocausters team "should" be three people, each with multiple personalities...

~Doc

Originally posted by dr.strangelust View Post
                  Team Alcholocast is intending to make an entry with 4 team members.

We would like to have power, and the space requirement is 5' X 6'

~/Doc

Comment

Originally posted by dr.strangelust View Post
                    In review of the rules: Teams should not exceed three people...

We would like to update that the Alcoholocausters team "should" be three people, each with multiple personalities...

~Doc
                    Oh the inter-personality arguments that could happen. I recommend cage fighting to resolve personality differences.

-Nz0
                    Paid for by the Our Thing Foundation

Comment

Working...
                    X