I'm tapping out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tapping out

As awesome as it has been to compete the last two years (and I'm sure this year will be even better), I wont be able to this year. I'll be helping to run the wireless village this year, so make sure you take a break and come visit the village :)

WiK

Re: I'm tapping out

Sorry to hear that! The MFPs will be returning in full force this year : )

dg

Comment

Don't worry, you'll have your hands full. Thanks for your help a couple years ago Wik, I'll keep the show going on the TE front. I'm seeking first place this year!
      Originally posted by Ellen
      Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

What's the best way to get involved with the competition?

Comment

I'm still in. Team Hactar is still alive. Hex, you back in?

And in regards to getting involved, just post that you are looking for a team. Normally, several people will post similar stuff and a team will form. Once you have that, you can then start asking questions about common tools, equipment, etc.

Comment

I need to post an updated announcement and sign up thread.

I'll get to that tomorrow.

As for the MFPs, I am sure they have purchased every available product on the face of the earth with the name "Tamper Evident" in it. I'll keep that in mind when building the level two and three boxes.

Oh, how does everyone feel about Jaggermeister?
            The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
            PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
              Despite the challenge, I am still a fan.

I haven't really gotten to spend any money to further build up my kit since last year. But I think I will have to bring a few extra things this year, just to stay relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                I need to post an updated announcement and sign up thread.

I'll get to that tomorrow.

As for the MFPs, I am sure they have purchased every available product on the face of the earth with the name "Tamper Evident" in it. I'll keep that in mind when building the level two and three boxes.

Fairly accurate.

dg
                [mfp]

Comment

I tried to do this the first year but ended up in a drunken haze for most of the con so I didn't get a chance to give it a real go. I really want to try again. i am a total novice but i listen well and i have tiny fingers, I also live in town so i can help get things at the last minute.

Comment

Well, looks like WTF_team 3 also tapped out; I am now certain (outside a miracle) that I cannot attend, and it seems most if not all of my teammates will also be otherwise engaged. The first two were a blast, and I look very forward to seeing everyone at dc21. Good luck shredding those seals!
                    The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

Originally posted by snideology View Post
                      Well, looks like WTF_team 3 also tapped out; I am now certain (outside a miracle) that I cannot attend, and it seems most if not all of my teammates will also be otherwise engaged. The first two were a blast, and I look very forward to seeing everyone at dc21. Good luck shredding those seals!
                      Bummer. Hopefully we can return at DC21.

Comment

Working...
                      X