This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Calm and Toxic BBQ

Hey gang I just wanted to let you all know that as far as I'm concerned there will be a BBQ this year!

UPDATES!!!

Ok the BBQ is a good our usual space at the park is ours for the taking (Area F) - http://binged.it/OBQlL2

Area F is down by the number 13 field and the parking lot.

The start time will be the usual 3:30pm to 4pm and go till 10pm when the park closes.
    Last edited by L0nd0; 07-06-2012, 11:55 AM.
    There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Re: Keep Calm and Toxic BBQ

Originally posted by L0nd0 View Post
    Hey gang I just wanted to let you all know that as far as I'm concerned there will be a BBQ this year!

I am going to get the official process going here in a little while so look out for future updates.
    Outstanding, sir! There are many of us looking forward to the return!
    I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Comment

I am going to get the official process going here in a little while so look out for future updates.

L0nd0

Looking forward to it... let me know if there is anything we can help with...

--
      dc0de.
      --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

I was wondering. Same here on the offering a hand biz. Myself and a few others here in Vegas would be glad to help. I know Sunset Park isn't completely closed down for renovations, just a portion at a time. Clark County Parks & Rec should be able to tell ya which sections of the park will be available during DC.

~B

Comment

First off, I dig the Steampunk Dalek! Next, if you need a hand, let me know!

Comment

Cobolt is down to help too!

Comment

I am over joyed with the amount of support that everyone has and will been spinning the threads up soon for the support of the BBQ. :D
              There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I am over joyed with the amount of support that everyone has and will been spinning the threads up soon for the support of the BBQ. :D

"Keep Calm and Toxic BBQ" is also a great, and simple, idea for a shirt. A play on the classic "Keep Calm and Carry On" propaganda poster and a nice addition to the meme of same name. It could reuse the classic icon of Toxic BBQ, the nuclear hazard art from a few years ago.
                "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

This is great news.. not having one last year sucked.
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsden View Post
                    Happiness is a belt fed weapon
                    Wielded by someone who has been well fed at the ToxicBBQ...
                    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

With all the events going on, I think the first post in any event thread should be edited to include the date and time once determined.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                        With all the events going on, I think the first post in any event thread should be edited to include the date and time once determined.
                        Now there is a bright idea...
                        Politics are nothing more than formal, socially accepted methods of social engineering.

Comment

so... lets get a date, place and tell what do u need me to bring

Comment

Re: Keep Calm and Toxic BBQ-Anyone reserved a spot yet??

I guess my question is did you contact the parks and recreation yet to reserve the spot? If not, please read over the rules for the parks. Don't tell them we might have 100+ as we would need to get a security guard, I think saying we will have 70 or so is fair. No bounce house (need insurance), etc.

If there is no follow through here it will end up canceled like last year. I missed defcon last year but I can't imagine a defcon without toxic bbq. If someone has reserved a spot for us, please post it so we know which spot at sunset park it is, ahead of time. I'm assuming that we will be doing this on Thursday July 26th from 3pm - 10:30pm (park closes at 11pm)?

Let's not fail at this ok. This is too much fun to let it slide.
                            ~ Sir Beef Wellington Esquire III

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -- Alexander Hamilton

Comment

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/p...s-charges.aspx

It's looking like $50 to reserve a spot up to 100. No point in claiming more than that amount. Of course, this is if you want it to be legit. Don't see much of an issue in just showing up at a designated time and location sans signage. Most obvious pick would be Sunset Park or the park on Flamingo and Jones (which also sports a roller derby rink). Up to you fellas.

~B

Comment

Working...
                              X