Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON 23 Ham Radio Exams Call for Volunteers

<edit>
    Please follow the link below and fill out the form to help us plan our resources. It will give you the opportunity to indicate when you are available to help, your VE qualifications (if any), and request any reasonable accommodations that are required for you to perform your duties. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

https://goo.gl/forms/A9AxJuEOgh
    </edit>

We are accepting any accredited General, Advanced or Extra class Volunteer Examiners who wish to partake in the DEF CON 23 testing session. If you know any other VEs who will be attending and may be interested in assisting with the session held on August 8th, 2015, pass along our contact info. We will also include all VEs who are accredited by any of the other 14 FCC certified VEC organizations who meet the guidelines for instant accreditation.

"The ARRL 'instant accreditation' feature attracts VEs from other VECs who have participated in the program. You may become accredited with the ARRL/VEC instantly by completing the VE Application form and attaching a copy of your current FCC license and current accreditation credentials from another VEC. Once these requirements have been met, you are instantly accredited as an ARRL VE and you may immediately begin participating as an administering VE at ARRL sessions (assuming the ARRL/VEC has not previously formally denied accreditation to you and you are in good standing with the other VEC).

Once the accreditation is accepted and recorded in the ARRL/VEC database, ARRL VE accreditation credentials will be forthcoming. No ARRL VE accreditation badge will be initially required of you."

You can send me a message here on the DEF CON Forums, a tweet to @ FortyTwoWho, or an email to FortyTwoWho at yahoo dot com.

-FortyTwoWho
    -dc408 Ham Radio Exams talking head
    Last edited by FortyTwoWho; 08-01-2015, 03:20 PM.

Originally posted by FortyTwoWho View Post
    We are accepting any accredited General, Advanced or Extra class Volunteer Examiners who wish to partake in the DEF CON 23 testing session.
    If you know any other VEs who will be attending and may be interested in assisting with the session held on August 8th, 2015, pass along our contact info. We will also include all VEs who are accredited by any of the other 14 FCC certified VEC organizations who meet the guidelines for instant accreditation.
    "The ARRL 'instant accreditation' feature attracts VEs from other VECs who have participated in the program. You may become accredited with the ARRL/VEC instantly by completing the VE Application form and attaching a copy of your current FCC license and current accreditation credentials from another VEC. Once these requirements have been met, you are
    instantly accredited as an ARRL VE and you may immediately begin participating as an administering VE at ARRL sessions (assuming the ARRL/VEC has not previously formally denied accreditation to you and you are in good standing with the other VEC).
    Once the accreditation is accepted and recorded in the ARRL/VEC database, ARRL VE accreditation credentials will be forthcoming. No ARRL VE accreditation badge will be initially required of you."
    You can send me a message on the DEF CON Forums, a tweet to FortyTwoWho, or an email to FortyTwoWho at yahoo dot com.
    -FortyTwoWho [/FONT][/COLOR]
    -dc408 Ham Radio Exams talking head
    Occasionally, I see posts like yours, where content has strange color-coding, making it hard to read in dark themes. How did you post the top post in this treads? Did you compose in something like MS Word, or some other editor and then paste that into the web forum? This is not to blame you for the content or result -- I want to know how this happens so I can try to duplicate it and find a fix to address it.
    (I've tried to remove the font color-coding from the markup in my quote of your content so that it is readable in light or dark themes. I did not change your original post, only what I quoted in my reply.)

Thanks!
    -Cot
    tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

I composed in a Google doc and copy pasted from there. I also did a "select all" and changed the font to Arial since it was a Serif font.
      Hope this helps!
      -FortyTwoWho

Comment

Originally posted by FortyTwoWho View Post
        I composed in a Google doc and copy pasted from there. I also did a "select all" and changed the font to Arial since it was a Serif font.
        Hope this helps!
        -FortyTwoWho
        Thanks!
        -Cot
        tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Working...
        X