Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking in Vegas (it's ok, we can hear you screaming from here)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking in Vegas (it's ok, we can hear you screaming from here)

Welcome to Las Vegas' newest tourist attraction! Paid parking!

I am not 1000% sure how accurate this is, but it is probably pretty close. AFAIK all of the hotels have parking rates listed on their individual websites. And... if you are staying in any of the hotels, from what I can see, parking is -not- included in your stay cost. (aaarghghhghg)

Looks like Tuscany Suites (if its not 100% booked yet) is still the ultimate way to go. Or maybe leave your car at Rio and cab to DC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	226246
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*
    www.dj-jackalope.com
    send in the drop bears!

Treasure Island still has free parking too, so parking there and walking/ubering to CP is an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Pwncess View Post
      Treasure Island still has free parking too, so parking there and walking/ubering to CP is an option.
      TI is still free? Good call, I didn't look that far up the strip. Radsauce! I may go play there this week! Thank you!

Resorts World, by the way, is a dirt lot with some started buildings on it if anyone was pondering parking there. (Not too feasible unless you wanna, say, get your car parked in impound.)
      DJ Jackalope
      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*
      www.dj-jackalope.com
      send in the drop bears!

Comment

According to the official DC 25 FAQ here: https://defcon.org/html/defcon-25/dc-25-faq.html

"Will Caesars Palace allow free parking? Yes. You will be able to park for free regardless if you have a room at Caesars Palace."

So, any idea how or will we get free packing at CP? If parking is free there - all the close hotels are feasible as well.

Comment

Looks like there has been a change. No longer does the FAQ mention any free parking

https://web.archive.org/web/20170411...dc-25-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Frosty View Post
            Looks like there has been a change. No longer does the FAQ mention any free parking

https://web.archive.org/web/20170411...dc-25-faq.html
            You certainly are observant. :-)

I've asked about it but am waiting on details for an answer.

Sorry about the delay,
            -Cot
            tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

We are still working out the logistics but essentially you park, get your ticket, and we will validate it.
              The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
              PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                We are still working out the logistics but essentially you park, get your ticket, and we will validate it.
                I see you have heard of John Barrier. :-)

Comment

Haven't been to Vegas in 5+ years and a lot has changed apparently like BS "resort fees" and Paid parking even if your a guest. Reason enough for me to not give these establishments my business. And since I will not be staying at any Hotel that charges these fee's, I'm wondering too about where to park for the convention?

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkster View Post
                    Haven't been to Vegas in 5+ years and a lot has changed apparently like BS "resort fees" and Paid parking even if your a guest. Reason enough for me to not give these establishments my business. And since I will not be staying at any Hotel that charges these fee's, I'm wondering too about where to park for the convention?
                    Many questions have been asked, specifically how parking will work at Caesar's Palace during DEF CON (Thursday July 27,2017 through Sunday July 30, 2017) with the "validation" (whatever it is) and we are waiting for details. Some questions have been answered (see above.)

See above post from Dark Tangent for the expected plan, but details are being worked out.

If you do not want to go that route described by Dark Tangent , you can look for a property near Caesar's Palace, which has free parking, park there and then walk to Caesar's Palace. I do not know which properties are closest (by walking distance to Caesar's Palace) which have free parking. Some people have proposed where they plan to park in this thread, but I do not know if these are closest or not. Personally, I would go with the "validation" method; time spent walking to/from con is time away from con.
                    tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Planet Hollywood's Miracle Mile stores have free parking and are a 20 minute walk away from Ceasers Conference center. If you stay at either Planet Hollywood or Hilton's Elara Grand Vacations that's very manageable and parking fee free - although not resort fee free. Treasure Island is slightly further away - but also has free parking.

Comment

There was a meeting which ended a few minutes ago, and the parking thing was discussed.

The present plan for attendees *during DEF CON* driving to Caesar's Palace is:
                        * During the dates Thursday, July 27, 2017 through Sunday July 30, 2017 (or maybe through to July 31, 2017) (not sure what time it ends) you can use the "Self Park" at Caesar's Palace, and get a ticket when you park, which shows when you arrived. BRING THIS PAPER TICKET WITH YOU TO DEF CON.
                        * After you get the parking *ticket* (paper) and you gain access to DEF CON (with your DEF CON badge) visit an Information Booth.
                        * Let a person in the InfoBooth know you need your parking validated and present to them the parking ticket, and they can put on a sticker which is valid for THAT DAY. (Each sticker is dated per day.) Each ticket per day is discrete per day, so it should not matter if you get a sticker in the morning or night.
                        * Get your sticker as soon as you have any free time, because you may not have any options when the InfoBooth closes (any plan for after InfoBooth closes has not been announced or published.)

An item which I am not 100% certain on, but will include for you to learn on your own:
                        * If you booked a room using the DEF CON rate through the link provided on the DEF CON website, then the cost of self-park should be included, and you should be able to use your room key to park/pay/leave, and fees should not appear, or if they appear, appear and be removed. (I HAVE NOT CONFIRMED THIS IS HOW THIS WORKS, AND IF THIS IS JUST FOR *YOUR* HOTEL OR ALSO CAESAR'S OR ???)
                        * This may only count for the hotel you are staying, so you may not be able to use this to drive to Caesar's and park for free, but it is possible it might work -- I DO NOT KNOW.

Answers I do not have, but were asked before:
                        * If you are a guest of the Caesar's, will your room key work for entry and departure? How is it supposed to work for people staying at Caesar's?
                        * If you park at Caesar's and happen to not leave until after midnight (and anew day begins) will the sticker still provide free parking? What is the cut-off time for a sticker from the previous day allowing free parking?
                        * If you booked your hotel room under the DEF CON rate using the DEF CON reg, then how does this work? Do you park your car and need to get a sticker for each day, since each sticker is dated, or can you just use 4 stickers from the same date?
                        * If you booked a room with the DEF CON rate, but not at Caesar's can you use your non-Caesar's room key to park at Caesar's Palace for free?
                        * Is Self-Park exit staffed?
                        * Are you required to use a Kiosk to "pay" for your ticketed time with the sticker before you leave and use that same ticket to then exit?
                        * Do you need more than one sticker if you leave and return to Caesar's Palace?

Sorry I do not have any more details, but having some of the answers should help you until other answers are found.

For the latest information, please ask at the DEF CON Information Booth, or follow-up replies here or both.
                        Last edited by TheCotMan; 07-26-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

* Do you need more than one sticker if you leave and return to Caesar's Palace?
                          Yes, if you are not using your room key to pay/authorize your parking, then you have to use a ticket. Each ticket is one per use. The machine will not give you back the validated ticket once you leave. So if you leave and come back you will need to get a second validation.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimEcho View Post

Yes, if you are not using your room key to pay/authorize your parking, then you have to use a ticket. Each ticket is one per use. The machine will not give you back the validated ticket once you leave. So if you leave and come back you will need to get a second validation.
                            This might mean that if you booked a room at Caesar's Palace but did not use the DEF CON rate, then your hotel reservation probably does not have the free parking deal with room card, so using your hotel room card in that case would probably mean you could not use the sticker. Under these circumstances, for free parking, you will probably need to do the ticket method, and get a sticker/voucher from an InfoBooth instead of using your hotel room card if you did not book your room under the DEF CON rate.

Thanks for the information!
                            -Cot
                            Last edited by TheCotMan; 07-26-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X