Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combined schedule of everything; One Schedule to Rule them All, html and ebooks

Some years ago when I started planning for DEF CON I realized that I'd much prefer to have the program and other info in an electronic form rather then leafing back and forth in the paper program of Talks trying to figure out which talk to go to next. This problem has only gotten worst as DEF CON has gotten larger with ever more things to do at any one time. This year there are times when you have a choice of 25 or more events to go to! You can go crazy trying to find all the web places that tell you what's happening when!

SO . . .

In response to this perceived need, for the Seventh year in a row, I'm scraping the Schedule, Recent News, FAQ, village schedules, DemoLabs, Workshops, etc. from where ever I can find them and have created files in various formats that I think would be the most useful. The idea is that you can have Single Source Planning! :)

As the pages on the DEF CON website and various village websites get updated I'll update the files so you have the latest info, at least till just before con starts, after that I'll be busy. :)

These files are available here http://defcon.outel.org/

This is a work in progress. I'll be making improvements between now and the start of con.

If an event is missing, or has wrong info, please let me know day/time/room/what so I can add/fix it!

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Please make this a sticky topic on the forum.
    Please copy this thread to the "Defcon 25 and beyond" forum when it is created.
    Please consider placing some reference to these files on the main con site.
    Please consider mentioning in some of the various social media, twitter, facebook etc. the availability of these files.

ADVthaAnksNCE And have a good time at DEF CON 25!

*_____* You are the hero we didn't deserve, but the hero we needed.

Comment

V2 released - Added Crypto Privacy Village ( CPV ), first batch of Night Life

Comment

I'm back! The page was down for a while. Sorry about that.

Between dead motherboard and getting into the Data Center to get hands onto system it took some time. Once I did, quick run to Frys for new PC, swapped HDs, reconfig for new hardware, it's back and better

Five more village schedules being worked on, check back over the weekend!

Comment

Somehow a couple of the talk titles on the official CPV schedule were abbreviated/incorrect ("OPSEC from the Dark Web" => "Operational Security Lessons from the Dark Web", "Key Mgmt Root DNSSEC KSK" => "The Key Management Facility of the Root Zone DNSSEC KSK"). This was our mistake and we have since corrected these titles, but it would be great to get them corrected everywhere.

Comment

I've scraped off your corrected gcal and my next release (later tonight?) will have those corrections. Please let me know of any future gcal changes and I'll re-scrape.

Comment

V3 released - BIO hacking, Voter Machine hacking, Industrial Control hacking, Recon villages added, SkyTalks added, misc corrections. CSV amd ical format files added!
              233 events, 260 speakers, 11 villages
              Last edited by qumqats; 07-17-2017, 03:59 AM.

Comment

V4 released - corrections, IOT talk descriptions, night life round 2, WOS workshops, Wireless village, 416 events, 483 speakers, 14 villages

Comment

v5 - hardware and car hacking villages added, ical and cvs files added, public Google calendar added, link on event description to add to users Google calendar, misc corrections, viewport meta header added

Comment

Working...
                  X