PacketBall Run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacketBall Run?

Road Rally at its finest. Stay tuned for more updates.

From http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11...11-events.html bwha? huh? huzzamajig?

I see "packet" and I think data packet, but then I see "road rally" and I think Reckless Driving (RD, the best kind.) C'mon, some gossip, a teaser, a taste, a hint, what will this be, how long until more info, and can I sign up yet?

Right now I'm on the fence between flying and driving (from Seattle). This could make the difference, if there's the possibility for a few RD violations.
    Last edited by euro12; 04-25-2003, 04:50 PM.
    yah

your link dosent work you have to take out the period at the end.

Comment

hmm. Fixed the link, but it doesn't matter now cause the PacketBall Run Unofficial Event entry has been removed. Cancelled?

I bet it was an off-road desert race at high noon, to chase down the elusive data packet stored on a USB keychain hard drive hooked up to a computer made to look like a cactus.

I bet I'm right.
      yah

Comment

hmm.. I dunno. I don't see the Eastern Caravan listed anymore either... or maybe I'm thinking of some other place where that was listed?
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Sorry, Packet Ball Run has been cancelled. The organizer had a schedule conflict. Maybe next year?
          blackbeetle

Comment

but what WAS it?!
            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request here.

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
              but what WAS it?!
              It was all you ever wanted in life, all your dreams come true. It was all the secrets of the universe, knowledge of the meaning of life, understanding of the opposite sex, and awareness of the conscious beyond. And because you weren't here sooner, it is gone for another 10,000 years.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

i allready discovered the internet.
                the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request here.

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                  i allready discovered the internet.
                  No, this was BETTER! I know so because Al Gore had nothing to do with it. :D

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    No, this was BETTER! I know so because Al Gore had nothing to do with it. :D
                    lemme get this stright....... BETTER than the Internet..and we all had to miss it because Kelvin was late..... ok.. now I'm pissed
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

The guy who is doing PacketBall Run is working a super insane schedule. Poor guys been home probably 5 days in the last 3 months. PacketBall Run was supposed to be something similar to an old HAM 't hunt'. Racing from point to point to gather data from APs to find clues as to where the next AP is. Think the WWWD and Cannon Ball Run...

As far as driving from Seattle goes, dont. I drove from Seattle to Vegas last year (with a stop in Boise) and it fucking sucked. Highway 93 is the most boring stretch of road on earth.

Oh, and I'm back on line again..hi

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Hiya noid! Hey nudge Priest to check his mail! So, the PacketBall run was not my idea after all, whew that's good because I thought I would end up doing it. :D

Comment

aww... that sounds pretty cool. But I can understand the pain of insane schedules, I work for a startup. :D

Maybe next year. If there's anything as good as drinking and computers, or drinking while using computers, it's driving like a maniac.

But not drinking and driving like a maniac. Let's be safe out there people! :p
                          yah

Comment

Well just to tell you the update that the Packetball Run is not going to happen. People can come down to LA and join the Defcon Cannonball Run, there should be a fun bus that will have a capture the flag and other fun things leaving the Defcon Cannonball Run before the race starts. More info at http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.p...4059#post24059 or http://moloch.org/cannonball
                            tommEE pickles

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                              Hiya noid! Hey nudge Priest to check his mail! So, the PacketBall run was not my idea after all, whew that's good because I thought I would end up doing it. :D
                              Yeah noid nudge him with your man gravy on his face... :)

ASTCELL... dont you know.... Priest is overseas in the Middle East he cant check mail there... what if the terrorists intercepted it the free world as we know it could collapse...

Comment

Working...
                              X