Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its raining in vegas

Joy Joy - rain rain flood flood

Yeah I know! Missed out on the ToxicBBQ yet again! Perhaps maybe next year :(
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

All I can say is: Sucks to be you guys! :)
      We had a great time.. damn glad the folks that showed up made it and the people that beat us there was patient enough to wait. Hopefully a good time was had by all.. I know I had a blast.
      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I know I missed another good one.. sorry for not showing up. We sat there and kept getting "it's on", "it's off", "they're all heading back now", "some of them are staying there to wait it out" calls... so I was waiting for someone in the know to cal me and let me know what was up... never happened

sorry guys, but you can bet your asses I am going to work to make next year even better!
        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
          you can bet your asses I am going to work to make next year even better!
          i, too, offer my apologies for the meat snafu. as siviak can testify, i was pretty on top of the whole shipping and receiving end of things pre-con. our supplier of all that amazing meat had everything ready to go... then UPS ended up leaving the box sitting in their las vegas distribution warehouse for days, despite the fact that it had valid packaging and marking and the word "PERISHABLE" clearly printed on the top. it never fails... the few times in life that i've been forced to use UPS instead of FedEx i get bit in the ass. next time around i'll force the distributor to use the better carrier.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

So all that meat sat in the heat in a warehouse? did you get anything back? Was it insured?

Im assuming it was sent at a speed where it would arrive for the BBQ, in time that it would not spoil. So it was thier screwup.. what was the explaination?

I had fun on the food run. Watching the rain start and stop, watching the security guard at Sams get in an argument with us for idling in a vehicle at the door, and the sampling of everything they had in the store. After all we thought the BBQ was dead, so we ate everything in sight while waiting out the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
              So all that meat sat in the heat in a warehouse? did you get anything back? Was it insured?
              According to Deviant Ollam, the Exotic Meats shop was properly pissed off about the whole thing and refunded the purchase.

Originally posted by [Syntax]
              So it was thier screwup.. what was the explaination?
              The blame for the screw-up lies entirely on the shoulders of the shipping company.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                The blame for the screw-up lies entirely on the shoulders of the shipping company.
                New item for the menu next year? Shoulder of shipping company We can get our pound of flesh Oh. Ohhh.That meat would be bad, and I would need some "pun-a-cillin"
                tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Working...
                X