Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post-con slowdown of web site and forums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post-con slowdown of web site and forums?

anyone else experiencing slower load times on the forums and, especially, on the defcon web site? that could make some sense, if in order to save money the DC crew has clocked down the bandwidth for the off-season (perhaps to push more kbits through the media archive server's connection)

just curious if anyone else is seeing the same lag i'm getting.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    anyone else experiencing slower load times on the forums and, especially, on the defcon web site? that could make some sense, if in order to save money the DC crew has clocked down the bandwidth for the off-season (perhaps to push more kbits through the media archive server's connection)

Noticed it here since the start of DC. Just thought it was a temporary problematic routing between the US and Denmark.

Dutch
    All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

My guess is that it's running slower because someone ratcheted down the firewall rules prior to con starting. I know that when I go to Defcon I turn off all my nonessential machines and tighten the firewall rules up on the others, I'm sure DT probably does the same.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

No noticable difference here.
        Answering easy questions since 1987
        Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

Comment

I'm fine here. If they are slow for you, you need to ask yourself one question. "Did I remember to buy a goon a beer?"

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam

I've had the same problem since about the time of dc.
            "*x74*x68*x65*x70*x72*x65*x7a*x39*x38";

Comment

Working...
            X