wireless gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless gear

I was wondering what kind of fancy wireless aps we had at defcon that could detect rogue aps? I think I remember from closing ceremonies they started with a K? I know the wireless client cards that were given out were Senaos.

Anyone know?

The wireless gear was from Aruba Networks

http://www.arubanetworks.com/

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

cool stuff, thanks.

Comment

Stats from Wireless Setup

During the ceremony, I heard several stats that were rattled off of Aruba's setup.

1) Can anyone re-provide all of those stats again? (i.e. # ofrogue APs detected, etc.)

2) Does anyone know the details in how it was setup? IPSEC, WEP, AES ....etc...

vTn

Comment

Final Stats:

• Users: 2,226 and 3,801 DHCP leases issued
          • 22 Access Points deployed
          • Man-in-the-Middle Attacks detected: 215
          • DoS Attacks: ~80
          • Rouge AP’s Detected and Destroyed: 130
          • Wireless Bridges Detected: 300
          • ARP MAC Spoofing Attempts: 836
          • Traffic for the last 30 hours: IN 12gb / OUT 1.2gb

SSID broadcasts were allowed. No WEP or WPA was in use, after all, it was ment to be a freely/easily accessable public network. The only security features that were enabled were Aruba's malicious traffic detection/supression features

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Wow, thats really cool that you guys used Aruba stuff this year. I had a summer internship there last year. I'm going to put my money on Luiz being some how involved in this... I believe he won one of the logo contests last year.

The Aruba stuff is nice, though I didn't have a chance to use the newer 6000 or the AP-70 while I was there. The stuff they are doing with rogue detection and locating is ridiculously interesting. Nothing like spending 10 hours a day screwing around with wireless routing leagues above my level. So did he let you actually play around with the gear? Missing Defcon this year has now become much more depressing.

-zac
            Last edited by pr0zac0x2a; 08-16-2005, 05:06 PM.
            %54%68%69%73%20%69%73%20%6E%6F%74%20%68%65%78

Comment

Originally posted by noid
              SSID broadcasts were allowed. No WEP or WPA was in use, after all, it was ment to be a freely/easily accessable public network. The only security features that were enabled were Aruba's malicious traffic detection/supression features
              ...and some basic firewall rules in the interest of keeping the network sane ;)

Originally posted by pr0zac0x2a
              I'm going to put my money on Luiz being some how involved in this...

<snip>
              So did he let you actually play around with the gear?
              Yes, Luiz was our SE. Yes, since the gear is owned by defcon I did the (majority of) setup and the deployment of the gear while Luiz acted as mentor and emergency support. :D

Comment

Sqweak is the man! he's a quick learner... he did most of the job, under my (not so) supervision...

Comment

Working...
                X