We should learn from the defcon setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should learn from the defcon setup

I think all the people who made things like Defcon TV, the wifi network, Defcon by Phone, Defcon Radio, etc. should post detailed HOWTOs as to how they did it. It would be very useful. I'm especially interested in a detailed explanation of the phone system, asterisk is pretty amazing.

Originally posted by dguido
    I think all the people who made things like Defcon TV, the wifi network, Defcon by Phone, Defcon Radio, etc. should post detailed HOWTOs as to how they did it. It would be very useful. I'm especially interested in a detailed explanation of the phone system, asterisk is pretty amazing.
    heh i did enjoy defcon by phone. Hell , Im STILL enjoying defcon by phone .
    i also was curious on how it was set up , and if thier was a archive of the defcon by phone intros .
    the only question in life is , Why?

Comment

DC by phone: nice, but a little flaw

Originally posted by dguido
      Defcon by phone was a great idea.
      I was really impressed when it called my cell to tell me that
      the tent was f'kocht on Friday.

One pet peeve: I shouldn't need a PIN to find out what events are
      coming up in the next hour. This is not secure information.. I needed
      to use it once or twice, but I didn't have my PIN handy, so I just hung up.
      Silly! It would be better if there were a more sensible partition
      between account-specific information (for which I should need a PIN) and
      general information (for which I should NOT need a PIN). K.I.S.S.

Comment

Working...
      X