Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the total ETOH/Heat victim count this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the total ETOH/Heat victim count this year?

Just out of curiousity.

Al
    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Surprisingly low. Seems like people (for the most part) got the message and decided not to be stupid about drinking and the sun.

Comment

I only saw 2 ambulances while I was there, and they were at night. I did see pics though of 2-3 people laying on the ground surrounded by security while browsing the defconpics.

Comment

Ya, the only heat casualty I could think of was Deviant, and he caught it early and went to lay down.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Sno got to ride in the sick bus... but she seems to think that something was sliped into her drink... not sure...
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I saw 3 ambulances. I think you guys are underestimating the count a little...

I got salmonella and had to be taken to the hospital (long story) do I count? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by noid
              Ya, the only heat casualty I could think of was Deviant, and he caught it early and went to lay down.
              Being able to tell is always good. The heat was kicking my ass and I was hoping *I'd* be able to tell...

Al

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                Being able to tell is always good.
                a pleasure to be thought of as sensible... but i think that without Mouse checking my skin temp occasionally (using the laser thermometer we had for the BCCC event) and forcibly demanding that i incorporate occasional periods of slow down or rest involving water/gatorade mix i believe things could have gotten out of hand very quickly. there were a couple times when my surface temp was around 105º ~ 110º or thereabouts... eventhough i felt fine inside she knew better and demanded that i sit inside for a few with something non-alcoholic in my hand. she is an absolutely wonderful gal and really looked out for a lot of us this year. i am in her debt when it comes to making it through con without getting (very) sick or exhausted.
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

there's was a guy in line behind me while i was waiting to buy a $4 water. as i noticed the happy hospital bracelet on his arm the guy behind him ask "fun night?" the guy replied " I don't know, i just sorta woke up in the hospital this morning. I hope it was worth it " other than that i guess i was too busy at amature CTF to notice any others.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware
                    there's was a guy in line behind me while i was waiting to buy a $4 water. as i noticed the happy hospital bracelet on his arm the guy behind him ask "fun night?" the guy replied " I don't know, i just sorta woke up in the hospital this morning. I hope it was worth it " other than that i guess i was too busy at amature CTF to notice any others.
                    that would have been me.

Comment

The good news is, you made it into the T-Shirt Hell High Class Whores section. Congrats!

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

The good news is, you made it into the T-Shirt Hell High Class Whores section. Congrats!
                        Too bad it is not the pic of the shirt pointing to the EMT has he hoists him up..
                        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Add your own "priceless" bit here.

Al

Comment

Working...
                          X