DC14 Calendar of Happenings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC14 Calendar of Happenings

So I've got this low-tech dealy that I plan to use to keep events, contests, parties and the like straight. The program does quite well at publishing speaker stuffs, but its always a struggle to navigate all the other things going on before, during and after the conference. So, here it is: http://defcon.lostboxen.net/forums/calendar.php

Please email converge [at] lostboxen.net or reply to this thread to submit your event/party/contest along with any links to your site, or general info about who/what/where/when. Even if you aren't involved in running said PUBLIC event, but know of it and can submit details for the rest of us, please do. For example, if you know the details of Hacker Jeopardy start and end times, lets get them all in one place here.

I don't want to mix in talks (since crossreference would be easy enough on your part). I want a full calendar of defcon debauchery at my printed fingertips when I touch down in LV. ..of course, the site will stay up during this period of time as well.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

NEW! ToxicBBQ Three added - Thanks, me myself and *x49

Comment

NEW! PokerCon added - Thanks Xodia!

Comment

thank you! i have wanted an event schedule for unofficial items every year!
        i WILL use it!

palm os version? maybe?
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request here.

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
          palm os version? maybe?
          Right now its a plain html file with no javascript or any active code ... just cunningly renamed to .php to make it look rad .. so .. save the source locally and whammo. I plan to do the same for my PDA.. I'll see if I can dream up a way to make it more compact for smaller real estate without losing info.

Comment

if you want to put this on your calendar of events... the Beverage Cooling Contraption Contest will (most likely) be held at noon on friday. i figure that gives us a nice window during the typical lunch-break time when people will be milling about, happy to see something fun going down, and eager for a free cocktail. this also gives us more than enough time to break down the contraptions and do our own thing before helping to setup pokercon that afternoon.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

NEW! Beverage Cooling Contest added - Thanks Deviant!

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                NEW! Beverage Cooling Contest added - Thanks Deviant!
                heh, i imagine that the reason it's listed across a four hour time block simply is due to the constraints of fitting the name into the HTML table. just so people know, it's very unlikely that the contest will run more than an hour or two. if you like, maybe it can be just listed as the "BCCC" from 12:00 and ending at 14:00 since this will take up less table cell space.
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

will do. heh.. you've got it :) I didn't see an end time listed, so I let the name run.. I figured it probably wouldn't last more than an hour or two, but wasn't sure if BCCC was desciptive enough to suffice .. will change within the sometimesoonorso or other..

--edit:

UPDATED! BCCC timeframe adjusted accordingly
                  Last edited by converge; 02-27-2006, 03:42 PM.

Comment

NEW! DCBots Practice added - Thanks Kallahar!

Comment

NEW! DCBots Practice added - Thanks Kallahar!
                      If I could provide another extract format of the forum calendar for your web page of events, what format flatfile would be best? csv? tab delimited? format for the dates/times?
                      tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

hmmm.. possibly csv, although I could probably pull in the iCal without too much trouble if I wanted to ... I'll have to think about that some.

Right now its relatively manual because of formatting control, as well as content.. for example, I haven't listed DCBots on Saturday yet because it doesn't have specific time bounderies. If it turns out to be an all day thing, cool.. I'll block the whole day off. Otherwise, I want to keep things as specific as possible for the time being, which could get a little muddied by automated imports from the very awesome supercool sanctioned forum calendar.

Comment

Re: DC14 Calendar of Happenings

added - aCTF
                          added - Black & White
                          added - Coffee Wars
                          added - CTF 2006
                          added - DCG Meet
                          added - Forums Meet
                          added - LP Con 4
                          added - LosT Mystery Box Challenge
                          added - theSummit
                          added - Quarks

note: I have taken liberties with some of the timeframes, either to fit naming or simply because I don't have all the details for the event. Please let me know if corrections need be made.
                          also: If it's not listed, I either don't know about it or don't have enough details to define it; update me.

pending - buzzword survivor (next year)
                          pending - Hacker Jeopardy (added, woot!)
                          pending - Queercon (added, woot!)

Comment

pending - buzzword survivor
                            Not happening this year. Leader/Organizer has targetted next year.
                            tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                              added - lockpick village
                              added - metasploit
                              added - avarice
                              added - hackerpimps
                              added - shadowvex
                              added - irvine underground
                              added - ninja networks
                              added - phenoelit
                              added - 303
                              added - awards ceremony
                              added - preregistration
                              added - vendor area setup
                              added - defcon vendor area
                              added - defcon talks/presentations
                              added - queercon

appearantly hackers don't like doing things before 10am.

Comment

Working...
                              X