DC801 stepping back from Scavenger Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC801 stepping back from Scavenger Hunt

After 4 years of what we'd like to think was successfully running the Defcon Scavenger Hunt, DC801 is going to step aside and see if there is another group willing to carry the torch for Defcon 14.

We've had a great time running the hunt but we feel like it may be time for new blood to toss some new ideas at this event. This will also allow us more time to focus on the Defcon Movie Channel, and hopefully see a few more talks at the con as well.

If you and your group are interested in running the hunt, please contact me at my defcon.org e-mail address and let me know why you'd like to do it and what you think you can bring to the hunt.

Thanks

-G
    .: Grifter :.
    http://www.rootcompromise.org

Scavenger Hunt and Movie Channel are both excellent works, thanks for all the hard work 801!
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Maybe give it back to Penguino?

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

uuummm.... yeah. I know a thing or two about scavenger hunts... and I have suggested in the past that I would enjoy doing it if you guys ever gave it up......
        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Siviak and I will run it. This will be the best scavenger hunt ever. Promise =) We've already begun plotting and scheming.

Comment

Whoever gets it, it would be great to have Grifter or someone from DC801 announce who was awarded the contest:

With so much social engineering involved with a contest like this, I wouldn't be surprised if multiple groups, not actually running the contest, each found some way to claim they are the new contest organizers, to gain some advantage in the real contest. ]:>

[Added:]

"Oh, Yeahhhhh. *We're* running the contest. You can turn your items in, to us. *We'll make sure you get credited.* (Tee Hee. Tee Hee)"
            (heh heh)
            Last edited by TheCotMan; 03-10-2006, 01:20 PM. Reason: added content
            tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

I dunno.. what are this 'Siviak' character's credentials? I mean.. since when can any schmuck just up and run a Defcon event? Let see a resume!
              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

yes, yes we are all running the contest, I swear, you can trust me

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                  I dunno.. what are this 'Siviak' character's credentials? I mean.. since when can any schmuck just up and run a Defcon event? Let see a resume!
                  I agree.. he's an asshole and should have no place in running an event her knows nothing about... I mean seriously, the nerve of some people.
                  If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Well good luck to that asshole and to Pinguino, I hope you have as much success with the hunt as the Utah guys have had the last 4 years, it's been fun.
                    .: Grifter :.
                    http://www.rootcompromise.org

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                      Well good luck to that asshole and to Pinguino, I hope you have as much success with the hunt as the Utah guys have had the last 4 years, it's been fun.
                      =) yay thanks for taking good care of it Grifter! It's awesomely fun designing the hunt again!

Comment

Thank you sir... I assure you that we will put forth just as much effort into making this as good as years past as we have in the competition itself.

GAME ON!

I also assume that I can count on DC801 to be our first official sponsor/schwag donor.
                        Last edited by Siviak; 03-28-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                          I hope you have as much success with the hunt as the Utah guys have had the last 4 years, it's been fun.
                          I wonder what us California people will do with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus
                            I wonder what us California people will do with it...
                            i dunno, california people are crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by pinguino
                              i dunno, california people are crazy!

Yes, yes we are- so lets go run a scavenger hunt!

Comment

Working...
                              X