This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Information

Delaying to 2008. I have recieved many inquiries to be a contestant but finding sponsors has proved more challenging than I thought. They have all locked their budgets for 2007so I'll be recruiting this year and hopefully we can put it on next year.

Sorry. I'm looking forward to making this happen but I can't have the largest contest prize in Defcon history without prize money.

Keep the faith and stay tuned.

I'll post updates as they come available. There's a small possibility it will still happen this year but I'll have to catch a break.

Re: Initial Information

WHy can't you run it anyway? Prizes aren't the most important thing. This is Defcon. All we really give a shit about is bragging rights and booze.

Comment

Indeed .. dub it a pre-screening for next years big prize possibility (if 2008 is definite).
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Call it a dry run, call back your short list of sponsors and see who wants to be an exclusive sponsor for the premier run of this event. Mention all the press that attends Defcon, I'm sure someone would be willing to cough up something!
        Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
          WHy can't you run it anyway? Prizes aren't the most important thing. This is Defcon. All we really give a shit about is bragging rights and booze.
          ... well... and black badges <_<

Comment

Okay, I'd like to make it perfectly clear (again) that not all contests get black badges. It's just the way it goes. I've got too many contest to give a badge to every one who wins (or the entire team that wins!). So only the most popular and well run contests will get the badges... and that's only after a 2-3 years of proven success. We can help out with other prizes, but the badges should never be counted on. In fact, I'm looking at pulling black badges from contests that have had them in the past because they're not as well run or not as popular as they used to be.

-Russ

Originally posted by Vyrus View Post
            ... well... and black badges <_<

Comment

Working...
            X