• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who won this year

Does anyone know who won this year yet?

Thanks
    Lupo

Re: Who won this year

I'm fairly certain that tweakt won. Although he was a judge, they said he rated his own coffee the lowest out of all the judges.

It was a really close call, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike View Post
      I'm fairly certain that tweakt won. Although he was a judge, they said he rated his own coffee the lowest out of all the judges.

It was a really close call, though.
      You are correct, Tweakt was the winner. Stats on precisely where everyone rated, including votes of specific judges, should be posted sometime this week (depending on the consciousness or lack thereof of yours truly).

Currently on the outskirts of Boise ID, headed homewards...

Comment

I was so mad this year. My beans from a South Pacific island did not show up until Saturday, and that was to my home address in VA. Next year I will know not to trust the postal service and just cross my fingers that three to seven days in the freezer will not spoil the quality of flavor of the beans.
        DaKahuna

Comment

Does this mean I didnt win?!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
            I was so mad this year. My beans from a South Pacific island did not show up until Saturday, and that was to my home address in VA. Next year I will know not to trust the postal service and just cross my fingers that three to seven days in the freezer will not spoil the quality of flavor of the beans.
            If you have a frost free refrigerator (and nearly everyone does), I recommend just refrigeration, and not freezing, for that amount of time. Sorry you didn't get to enter; this is not one of the years where there was so much coffee that even I was done drinking coffee. Thank goodness I'd had two cups before we started (usually I have just the one required one). I think we had less than 20 entries this year.

On the other hand, there were no truly bad ones (last year there were two or three that qualified), so it was very pleasant. I loves the coffee, yes I do. Now all I have to do is ramp down the three pots a day habit into the half a pot that's per normal (I'm close to one pot now).

Comment

Originally posted by shrdlu View Post
              If you have a frost free refrigerator (and nearly everyone does), I recommend just refrigeration, and not freezing, for that amount of time. Sorry you didn't get to enter; this is not one of the years where there was so much coffee that even I was done drinking coffee. Thank goodness I'd had two cups before we started (usually I have just the one required one). I think we had less than 20 entries this year.

On the other hand, there were no truly bad ones (last year there were two or three that qualified), so it was very pleasant. I loves the coffee, yes I do. Now all I have to do is ramp down the three pots a day habit into the half a pot that's per normal (I'm close to one pot now).
              I dont know about the not any bad ones thing. I tried a couple that were burnt and sour which constitutes really bad.
              Are you foofus by the way shedlu? or were you the guy with the black hair sitting in front of the coffee table?

Comment

Originally posted by Lupo View Post
                I dont know about the not any bad ones thing. I tried a couple that were burnt and sour which constitutes really bad.
                Are you foofus by the way shedlu? or were you the guy with the black hair sitting in front of the coffee table?
                Um, points off for spelling. SHRDLU. Foofus is the guy out in front. Shrdlu is the dangerous one making the coffee. My daughter was there this year, which makes it a bit safer. We were actually in an article on Linux.com (http://www.linux.com/feature/118436), which provides some entertaining details.

I'm the last surviving member of the original four that started it (Rob doesn't count, because he never shows up).

If you were there, and tasting coffee, I can tell you that the delicate roasts tend not to win. I suppose the judges get jaded. We *do* drink a lot of coffee. Judges are required to drink ALL the entries. Foofus doesn't judge for that reason.

Comment

Does this mean I didnt win?!! :)
                  If you entered, it wasn't under the name Lupo, so I can't even tell you whether you scored well. What did you enter?

Comment

If you entered, it wasn't under the name Lupo, so I can't even tell you whether you scored well. What did you enter?
                    I entered under the name maria
                    Oh your the tall girl with the black hair. Sorry if I spelled your name wrong I was half asleep when I posted that.
                    I was the one that came in and gave you guys 2 bags of the gorilla coffee and stood off to the side for an hour or so then left lol.

Maria

Comment

I entered under the name maria
                      I was the one that came in and gave you guys 2 bags of the gorilla coffee and stood off to the side for an hour or so then left.
                      I am not tall. That was my daughter. I think her hair is red right now. I believe that the Gorilla Fund coffee came in about mid-range, which is quite respectable. We had only 15 true entries this year, possible the lowest other than CW3. There weren't really any bad ones (there have been years where we've universally spit out coffee), and there were a few that were quite nice. Of course, the judges vary on what they do and don't like, in addition. I try to keep the judging more or less balanced between the likes it dark and the likes it mellow groups. The cleaned up spread sheet will be posted early next week.

I was lucky to come back home with the crud mentioned in another thread, and am really not moving fast.

Comment

This was our first year, I'm curious how we did...

Comment

Originally posted by chunk View Post
                          This was our first year, I'm curious how we did...
                          I just edited the page yesterday with minor updates, including the results:

http://www.coffeewars.org/Results.shtml

You'll be pleased to know that you came in fourth. There's always a cluster of beans near the top, and in the middle, which means that yours was pretty good. This is the first year that I can recall where we didn't have any that were shockingly bad. I'm interested to know how you came up with the $1.00 price. Are you one of the roast your own types?

Comment

I'm interested to know how you came up with the $1.00 price. Are you one of the roast your own types?
                            Yes, a home roast, green beans bought in bulk. Truth be told I didn't pay anything for it.

I look forward to attending again next year.

Comment

Working...
                            X