Official Guitar Hero II Signups!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Guitar Hero II Signups!

This is the official thread for signups for GH2. Please let me know if you want to play, and what level (medium, hard or expert) you plan to play!
    Remember, all info is here:

GH2 at Defcon 15

Signups will also be Friday of Con, from 11am-12pm in the Contest Area...

Brian

Re: Official Guitar Hero II Signups!

Aww yeah. I'll be competing on hard.

Comment

I be there in the sign-up line!!!

Comment

Is there going to be a "Wow, you really suck" bracket? I love the game, but I really suck :)

Comment

Please let me know what level you want to play at, so I can have an idea...

And if you suck, then join anyway...it's all about having fun and potentially making fools out of ourselves...

panadero

Comment

I can rock the house on medium -- but damn I suck at hard..

Comment

Originally posted by hevnsnt View Post
              I can rock the house on medium -- but damn I suck at hard..

Great to see some completion... See you all there.. try not to laugh too hard

Comment

I've never played.. don't own a 360 or anything Sony. .. but if there's a 'Total Suckage' category, I'll challenge entr0py for the title.
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I'd like to play on hard, or even expert (if I practice up a TON before the con... I can do well on some expert songs now)

Whats to stop someone who is good playing on medium? For someone who is really good at hard or expert, going back down to medium can mean 100% note accuracy w/o much trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by xwred1 View Post
                    I'd like to play on hard, or even expert (if I practice up a TON before the con... I can do well on some expert songs now)

Whats to stop someone who is good playing on medium? For someone who is really good at hard or expert, going back down to medium can mean 100% note accuracy w/o much trouble.
                    That is something that we have talked about, which we were going to have prequalifications for. However, if you can hit >95% of the notes on 2 songs in whichever level you choose, it doesn't matter if you can play expert songs or not. At that point, it comes down to how you use your star power, note accuracy, song choice, etc...

We want this contest to be fun, and are having a little bit of faith in players that they will play the level they are appropriate for, and you can only compete in 1 level. If I was good enough at Expert, I would want to win that before I'd want to win Medium...after signups are over, players can not change their level.

Comment

Originally posted by panadero View Post
                      That is something that we have talked about, which we were going to have prequalifications for. However, if you can hit >95% of the notes on 2 songs in whichever level you choose, it doesn't matter if you can play expert songs or not. At that point, it comes down to how you use your star power, note accuracy, song choice, etc...

We want this contest to be fun, and are having a little bit of faith in players that they will play the level they are appropriate for, and you can only compete in 1 level. If I was good enough at Expert, I would want to win that before I'd want to win Medium...after signups are over, players can not change their level.
                      That sounds fun.

Have you bought the song packs from GH1 for your 360?

The 80s edition of GH comes out shortly before Defcon.. but I think that is PS2 only. I'll probably bring a PS2 with me just so I can practice for this thing, and I'll buy that game..

Comment

That sounds fun.

The 80s edition of GH comes out shortly before Defcon.. but I think that is PS2 only. I'll probably bring a PS2 with me just so I can practice for this thing, and I'll buy that game..
                        I don't know, something about rocking out to Asia's "Heat of the Moment" doesn't sound too cool to me. It may turn into Karaoke competion. and you don't want to hear me sing.

Comment

That sounds fun.

I have not bought the new song packs. At $2.00 a song, that's a little pricey...GH3 should be awesome tho :D

Comment

Fug, it's been awhile since i've played but i'm sure i'm around the medium area in GH skill. So yeah, i'm game!
                            "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I picked which level I could score the most points in. Even though I can five star a few songs on expert, I can still score higher on 2 songs on hard than I can on expert.

Comment

Working...
                              X