TCP/IP Appliance Contest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/IP Appliance Contest

Is there going to be the TCP/IP Appliance contest this year?

We are hoping to finish the project that was going to be entered 2 years ago.

If we worked on the project more than we drank the beer from it we might have finished it...

Re: TCP/IP Appliance Contest

There were at least 2 different TCP/IP device contests last year (One by UAT one by LoST(boy) and maybe neural (?))

I've sent out emails to the contest organizers I have on file, but did not get any responses yet. (Emails were sent out about 2-3 weeks ago.)

I have heard Lost talk about running at least one contest this year, but I've got no official reply from him yet. (I just sent him an SMS just in case my email or his reply were eaten by some sort of spam filter.)

I don't have an alternate contact for the organizers of UAT's contest, but maybe I can ask <removed>
    tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

I'll get back to you as soon as I can on this- not sure of the status at this point...(of the TCP/IP)

LosT

Comment

If there is a contest I will definitely enter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
          There were at least 2 different TCP/IP device contests last year (One by UAT one by LoST(boy) and maybe neural (?))

I've sent out emails to the contest organizers I have on file, but did not get any responses yet. (Emails were sent out about 2-3 weeks ago.)

I have heard Lost talk about running at least one contest this year, but I've got no official reply from him yet. (I just sent him an SMS just in case my email or his reply were eaten by some sort of spam filter.)

I don't have an alternate contact for the organizers of UAT's contest, but maybe I can ask <removed>
          Ah... If it's on, please let me know... A friend and myself are interested in entering. We had an entry, worked all night on it, showed up at the table of the DC group that was hosting it (this was 2 years ago perhaps?) and no one was there. At the time it was supposed to happen, the people hosting it weren't at the table. We took pictures of it sitting on their table, and I believe I fussed them out in email and they apologized.

It would be nice to see this as an official defcon contest. It is very on-topic and related to the subject matter.

Comment

last I heard somewhere around here or there .. UAT wasn't going for the contest this year? Confirm/deny? where.. did.. I get.. that sense.

Anyhow .. it looks like multiple people are very interested, so if this is true.. DON'T LET IT DIE. You/others can make it happen just as well as UAT could. Contact Russr (ubermondocontestgurugenius with elvis on the side), get the scoop, step up and bring it.

OTOH, outside of formal contest.. if you have something cool.. just build it and bring it. Trot it around the contest area and it will get noticed.. or better, offer a breakout session impromptu on how to make one, or part of one.

If it has to do with wireless, radio, or deathrays in general.. drop a line to the Wireless Village folks and share the cool thing with folks there!

<insert shameless plug for the ever amazing l0st mystery box challenge mindscrew .. you know, the one that Team Nostromo is gonna clean house on this year? :p >
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

*IF* this contest happens again I will be running it- and paying proper respects to Neural.

Word 'on the street' is that it may not be happening- anyone following the history here understands-

I also am not above PRIVATE contests, and would like any interested parties doing embedded designs to contact me at:

DCTCPIP ]at[ LostboY [dot] net

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                anyone following the history here understands
                The irony is not lost on us:)
                Stypica - The Autonimous Tominus
                Gullible people only use 10% of their brain...

Comment

I had to cancel the contest for this year. The honest answer is that it just didn't get the amount of attention it needed to be successful. Unfortunately, we have some casualities from year to year. Yes, L0st *could* do it, but I'm counting on him putting his energy into the Mystery Boxes.

I would have really liked to have seen this contest succeed. There was a lot of potential.

-Russ

Originally posted by deck View Post
                  Is there going to be the TCP/IP Appliance contest this year?

We are hoping to finish the project that was going to be entered 2 years ago.

If we worked on the project more than we drank the beer from it we might have finished it...

Comment

What exactly would this contest have been?

Comment

Working...
                    X