Methods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methods

Are we doing this the old fashioned physical way? w/ tokens and whatnot?
    Where does everyone want to rendezvous?

For those unfamiliar...
    http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysi...ing_party.html
    "I know where you sleep." -Anonymous well-wisher

Re: Methods

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    Are we doing this the old fashioned physical way? w/ tokens and whatnot?
    Where does everyone want to rendezvous?

For those unfamiliar...
    http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysi...ing_party.html
    DT generally puts this together.

In the past we had business cards to exchange (with fingerprints, key id, etc)-

LosT

Comment

I dont remember it happening last year... imo it needs to be resurrected ... ala, gather in the contest area at a certain time? .. hell, DT probably has a whole room he could devote to it this year ;)
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
        I dont remember it happening last year... imo it needs to be resurrected ... ala, gather in the contest area at a certain time? .. hell, DT probably has a whole room he could devote to it this year ;)
        I plan on doing it with cards, but I'd also like some way to sign on the spot... maybe some tables set up with power and a net connection where you could take you laptop and on the spot sign a key if it is on a public keyserver.

Ideas?
        The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
        PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

Comment

With the conference drawing very near -
          are there any updates on when and where exactly the signing will take place?
          "You have successfully out-nerded all of Full Disclosure. I commend your total commitment to being an awkward social outcast." Some guy on FD

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
            I plan on doing it with cards, but I'd also like some way to sign on the spot... maybe some tables set up with power and a net connection where you could take you laptop and on the spot sign a key if it is on a public keyserver.

Ideas?
            (For next year, obviously):

If you have people signing up for this beforehand, you could use the technique Phil and I came up with a while back:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmerm...gning_protocol

Signing keys on the spot at Defcon strikes me as a sketchy idea. (It would be a perfect opportunity for someone to try out the Shamir attack on GPG/&c. in practice. You can listen to the capacitor noise on a motherboard and pull out p and q during a signing *over a telephone*, so doing so against a laptop or whathaveyou in a public area at defcon would be trivial, assuming you've implemented the attack.)

Hmm. Perhaps I should do a talk on that next year.

Comment

Working...
            X