This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sushicon 4.0

Information regarding Sushicon 4.0 will be posted roughly three weeks before the event occurs. From past experience, I have found that this format works well (ie. restaurant tends not to "lose the reservation", closer contact with restaurant managers about doing seperate checks, etc.)

As of now the only information to report is the date -- Wednesday, August 1st at the Sushi Factory on Tropicana.

Slainte,
    gm1
    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Re: Sushicon 4.0

Originally posted by GodMinusOne View Post

As of now the only information to report is the date -- Wednesday, August 1st at the Sushi Factory on Tropicana.

Slainte,
    gm1
    I regret that I will be unable to join you this year. My schedule prevents me from arriving in LV until Thursday.
    DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
      I regret that I will be unable to join you this year. My schedule prevents me from arriving in LV until Thursday.
      Ditto. :-(
      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Excluding any unforseen delays I should be there.
        jur1st, esq.

Comment

Originally posted by GodMinusOne View Post
          Sushi Factory ??!!??

OK, ok I'll give - not the best all u can eat sushi in Vegas, but tolerable. My attendance depends on the Black Hat party, sorry.

Comment

Since this is quickly turning into a signup thread, I'll offer up that I plan on making an appearance this year.

Comment

Looks like I will be missing it this year.. my flight does not get in until 20:30.
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I'm in... Though, do we HAVE to go back to the sushi factory?
                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

I got a few peeps interested in coming along this year, how much does it usually run (cost) for per participant?
                  "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Exist View Post
                    I got a few peeps interested in coming along this year, how much does it usually run (cost) for per participant?
                    i would say figure on $40 to $50 per person, unless you drink a lot at mealtime... those Sapporos and Kirins and sakes can rack up fast if you're not paying attention.
                    Last edited by Deviant Ollam; 07-12-2007, 09:09 AM. Reason: typo
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                      i would say figure on $40 to $50 per person, unless you drink a lot at mealtime... those Sapporos and Kirins and sakis can rack up fast if you're not paying attention.
                      Agreed. IIRC, $25 for all u can eat sushi plus what beer you drink.

Some reviews & info on the place:
                      http://www.yelp.com/biz/YnrJNjZsLIhv...aJJB87LAmhfvRw
                      http://lasvegas.citysearch.com/profi...i_factory.html
                      http://www.planet99.com/vegas/restau...i_factory.html
                      http://www.we8there.com/rest_detail.php?busid=6774
                      http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../25774436.html
                      http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3718430671

Comment

Yeah, but do we HAVE to have it at Sushi Factory?
                        1.) Every year, they freak out when we all show up
                        2.) Every year service is slow
                        3.) Every year orders get screwed up
                        4.) Every year they freak out when it's time for the bill (though, last year I just paid and had everyone settle up with me later to make it easier, NOT that I plan to do that again this year )

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
                          Yeah, but do we HAVE to have it at Sushi Factory?
                          1.) Every year, they freak out when we all show up
                          2.) Every year service is slow
                          3.) Every year orders get screwed up
                          4.) Every year they freak out when it's time for the bill (though, last year I just paid and had everyone settle up with me later to make it easier, NOT that I plan to do that again this year )
                          I think they did a fine job last year. I called multiple times that day in advance, and they had the tables all set up and the first round of sushi shortly followed. Two years ago splitting of checks was an issue, but last I had called numerous times, they agreed -- then when they said they couldn't I talked to the manager who verified who I was and there were no problems after that.

I'm not against having the event at a different location, so if you know of a different place that will be able to accommodate us let me know ASAP so I can begin changing the event logistics.
                          You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

I will look around, and let you know COB today.

Comment

I plan on attending as well as one other person.
                              What time are we looking at?

Comment

Working...
                              X