pre-registration for the phreaking challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-registration for the phreaking challenge

if you would like to register to compete in the phreaking challenge, shoot an email to ninjas at gmail dot com or leave a private message for me here.

at this point, we plan on starting the first heat of round 1 at 1pm on friday. heats on day 1 should take about 20 minutes. pre-registration means you can give us a preference for when you'd like to compete. the earlier you go, the more time you have to brush up if your score isn't as high as you'd like.

Re: pre-registration for the phreaking challenge

Originally posted by nous View Post
    if you would like to register to compete in the phreaking challenge, shoot an email to ninjas at gmail dot com or leave a private message for me here.

at this point, we plan on starting the first heat of round 1 at 1pm on friday. heats on day 1 should take about 20 minutes. pre-registration means you can give us a preference for when you'd like to compete. the earlier you go, the more time you have to brush up if your score isn't as high as you'd like.
    You've been around the forums a while probably know this, but others might not...

You can choose to subscribe to a thread, and then the forums will email you the first time someone posts to a thread you have subscribed to, then no more updates until your next visit when the watch and notice is reset to watch for changes to other threads you've subscribed.

Also, you can choose to get an email when someone PMs you, but once you get one email notice about PM or subscribed thread you don't get more until you visit the forums and read the subscribed threads with updates and read the PM you received.

Useful for people organizing contests, when they don't want to poll the forums daily, or more often-- lets the forums tell you about a change when it happens.

Great idea for a contest. I hope that some of the older crowd comes out to compete in this too. Could be fun to watch and even more fun to play. I remember some of the "older members" complaining back at DC6? about a lack of interest in phreaking at Defcon. One of these people actually got up on stage and complained to the crowd about a lack of interest in phreaking and PBX tech. I think he was with some of the people selling the Group42 Sells Out CD. If anyone is still in contact with them, maybe a shout-out to let them know this contest will be at Defcon will bring them back to con. :-D
    Last edited by TheCotMan; 07-14-2007, 04:18 PM.
    tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Re: pre-registration for the phreaking challenge

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      You've been around the forums a while probably know this, but others might not...
      i do know this, i have subscribed and have email notification of private messages, but i've also been checking the forums at least daily since we had the subforums for our games created. thanks for watching out, though.

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      Great idea for a contest. I hope that some of the older crowd comes out to compete in this too. Could be fun to watch and even more fun to play. I remember some of the "older members" complaining back at DC6? about a lack of interest in phreaking at Defcon. One of these people actually got up on stage and complained to the crowd about a lack of interest in phreaking and PBX tech. I think he was with some of the people selling the Group42 Sells Out CD. If anyone is still in contact with them, maybe a shout-out to let them know this contest will be at Defcon will bring them back to con. :-D
      thanks, but the idea really came from the forums. we were working on our other game and hit a point where we needed a resource and decided to create it. that lead to the idea of a table full of telecom in the contest area and a need to justify it. i remembered reading a thread not that long ago where someone mentioned wanting to see a phreaking-based game. there was also a link to project mf which got us thinking about interesting ways of bridging old school phreaking with VoIP and modern telephony.

Comment

Working...
      X