X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Call for Talent !

This is the Official CALL FOR TALENT :

This year the ballroom will lead a double life .

By day: the room will be a chillout/break out room complete with wifi
    By night: the room will transform into the black and white ball complete with dance floor, lights,headlining acts and a bar.

This said we are currently taking all submissions for DJ/acts for the chillout/breakout . and have a few slots for black and white ball .

some of the styles we are looking for are :
    drum n bass
    trance
    breaks
    electro
    industrial

If you are interested in performing please contact :
    blackandwhitedjs@gmail.com

Besure to include the following :

your name
    DJ /act name

Contact info ( email cell )

type of music

media format ( vynil CD computer )

IF computer/ electronic insturment specify your hookup requirements ( 1/4" RCA XLR final scratch etc. )

website addresses of mixes/ demos/ info you wish to share with everyone ( will be posted on defcon.org)

any artwork for the defcon booklet and defcon.org

If you wish to sell Merchandise (during black and white only)

-------------------------------------

if you are chosen you will receive two badges per performer ( performer badge and a guest) which is full admission to all of defcon .
    you will have your info posted on defcon.org and in the defcon handout.

CD decks, turntables, mixers and power will be provided .

I look forward to hearing form everyone .

Zziks

( stage management BnW ball )
    the only question in life is , Why?

Re: Official Call for Talent !

DIBS.

I also vote for Mitchmitchem and Co and Dual Core and CMOS.
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*
    www.dj-jackalope.com
    send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
      Mitchmitchem and Co and Dual Core and CMOS.
      i don't know Mitch really well at all... but i hear good things said all the time. As for Dual Core, how can you go wrong there? INT80 was at NotaCon this weekend. Great on stage, but even more super kickass up in the HHH party suite.

And Keith... man, what can you say? I'd listen to that man in a thunderstorm holding a golf club over my head as long as he opened his set with that G'n'R house mix intro.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Zziks -

Rustcycle would be up for some chillout / trance, promoting the DVD album :-)
        MP3 sample: http://www.rustcycle.com/a11_vaulted.mp3 ("The Vaulted Blue" pre-master)
        video teaser: http://www.rustcycle.com/wa_vb_intro.m4v
        site: http://www.rustcycle.com

I don't see mention of rock music, but Edifice would be up for it if folks express an interest.
        MP3 sample: http://www.rustcycle.com/bio.mp3 ("Biomachines" pre-master)
        site: http://www.edificemusic.com

best wishes
        Adrian
        Last edited by rustcycle; 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM.

Comment

*bump*this*post*up*
          DJ Jackalope
          www.dj-jackalope.com
          send in the drop bears!

Comment

i was at a con this weekend and there were some kickass DJs there. maybe it was all the free booze but something about that party was off the hook in my mind. one had wicked skills spinning the platters and was also quite the hottie... the other sure was hella funny with all the obscure 80s references he kept mixing into his beats.

we should look into getting them to play. that would 0wn.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

I tossed my industrial bands info into the talent dudes email box. Dear god I have submitted myself into alot of things this year at con.Contests, possible speach, possible live performance. I wonder if I will even have time to goon this year?
              AcidicA, another orange shirted goon.
              myspace.com/acidicasound

You throw like girls. I know, I helped run the dunk tank ;)

Comment

Ha, now you understand why I will barely even consider making a lunch date at defcon!

Originally posted by AcidicA View Post
                Dear god I have submitted myself into alot of things this year at con.Contests, possible speach, possible live performance. I wonder if I will even have time to goon this year?
                DJ Jackalope
                www.dj-jackalope.com
                send in the drop bears!

Comment

hey all. sent my 411 to zziks. take a listen if you have a chance. feedback always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by profitt View Post
                    hey all. sent my 411 to zziks. take a listen if you have a chance. feedback always appreciated.
                    Where can the general republic check some of your tunage out?
                    DJ Jackalope
                    www.dj-jackalope.com
                    send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                      Where can the general republic check some of your tunage out?
                      thank you for pointing out my ere jackalope.
                      another good question :: humanliberationfront has your answers. or you can peep my space here. both locations have the same player that currently has 4 mixes. i thank you all in advance for your time. i truly hope to hear something from you. i also ask that you understand that these mixes are "bedroom" mixes and i consider them experimental. i have yet to record a "live" mix from an actual gig as i currently feel that they should be reserved for those that were there to experience it. who knows, that may change some day. the live gigs are typically more energetic than what you will hear here (and usually will end up electo) but i always feed off the energy of the audience (like any good DJ, right ?) and i never have a still dance floor.

enough about me, has anyone checked to see if YTCracker and/or STC are available? i likes me some nerdcore.

Comment

Do you know when the next time you will be in the 303 / 970 playing a gig is?
                        DJ Jackalope
                        www.dj-jackalope.com
                        send in the drop bears!

Comment

thanks for all who were interested in performing for b&w and chill out room .
                          I apologize to the hundreds of applicants of whom i have not responded to . i plan on responding to each applicant as soon as i can organize my inbox.

I would like to put the the call for talent on hold so that i can focus on getting a lineup put together . I might ask for a few more acts should i need them .

== backstory ==
                          I got word the other day that bink ( the technical director of B&W ) will not be attending DC16 due to scheduling conflicts with the tour he will be on .
                          i have given the task of managing gear tech staff and budget . on top of my duties of booking talent .

needless to say my plate is full , but i have started the process of getting the ball rolling .

With that said here is what i am imagining for this years ball :

--TWO nights of debauchery
                          with a contrast theme to be decided here on the forums !
                          music selection and lighting to be suited for the contrast theme

--100% DJ/electro powered . CDDJ Vinyl Computer
                          the setup and breakdown of bands kills the room. ( both Bink and i have seen this every time we book a band) and I would love to keep the energy up and the room packed !

--Chillout room
                          its back . once again you can hang out before or after that big talk you wanted to attend and discuss . (Hours of operation to come. )
                          A relaxing place filled with live DJs spinning and low lighting effects that dance on the ceiling .

Of course I am always open to suggestions/ideas should you have them .

I'll be lurking on the forms more often from now on .
                          Zz...
                          the only question in life is , Why?

Comment

Originally posted by zziks View Post
                            --TWO nights of debauchery
                            with a contrast theme to be decided here on the forums !
                            music selection and lighting to be suited for the contrast theme
                            Remember that you can create a thread with a poll here, but it is limited to 10 entries or selections. If you allow multiple selections, the people can vote for several. If you need more than 10 items to vote on, let me know, what should be added and I should be able to add them after-the-fact. You can also set a closing period for voting to match your deadline. (Polls allow people too intimidated or lazy to post, to quickly specify their interest without further interaction.)

When you first create a thread, pay attention to checkbox options on the same page which allow adding polls.
                            tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

hi everyone

h.j. from The Brothers Grimm here, just wanted to let people know that we will be attending defcon this year and are trying to get in touch with zziks about possibly getting a spot to perform at the black and white ball this year.

i see he says hes sifting through tons of email, but says he would be lurking more often. if anyone would happen to speak with him soon it would be much appreciated if you passed this info along to him.

site
                              http://www.myspace.com/CompleteError

email
                              cnrstudios@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X