Post ctf wrap up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post ctf wrap up

I'd like to start a new thread for all the post CTF articles and stories. We are pretty bad about preserving the history around CTF so I'd like to give it a try this year.

First up is a nice post by Atlas about his experiences playing on team last place, the winning team from DC14 and 15.

http://atlas.r4780y.com/cgi-bin/atla...080808-sk3wl3d

Thanks for the write up!
    The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
    PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

Re: Post ctf wrap up

Here's a pretty cool walkthrough of the 2008 CTF, by team 1@stPlace. If you are wondering what CTF is all about this is a great resource.

http://nopsr.us/ctf2008/

Comment

thanks for the links. those are really interesting to read.
      It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Hi,

is there any hope that a playlist of all the video/music played during the CTF will ever be released?

Googling 'round I found something like that but it was from Defcon 14 or earlier

Byez

Comment

Originally posted by joystick View Post
          is there any hope that a playlist of all the video/music played during the CTF
          this thread may help you if you're looking to acquire the videos and such. if you want to just get a list, uhm... well... grab that torrent and load it into a client without actually starting the download.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
            this thread may help you if you're looking to acquire the videos and such. if you want to just get a list, uhm... well... grab that torrent and load it into a client without actually starting the download.
            woah!
            thank you, I had missed that post though I searched for `playlist' ;-)

Actually, I was looking for videos/music that was displayed in the CTF area but, maybe I am wrong, I only saw something about last year's selection. Have you got those too?
            I am sorry for bothering you, you already made a great job but after three days spent with all those media going on continuosly I would like to see/listen them again :D

Thank you in advance,
            joy
            Last edited by joystick; 09-09-2008, 01:07 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by joystick View Post
              was looking for videos/music that was displayed in the CTF area
              the majority of those are in there. i wasn't seeing them as much this year since this summer the TOOOL balcony looked out over the public contest zone as opposed to the CTF room but i'd be willing to be that much of what you saw is in this torrent. Bob may have added some content, but i'm guessing he worked a lot from his older archive, much of which we have here.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                the majority of those are in there. i wasn't seeing them as much this year since this summer the TOOOL balcony looked out over the public contest zone as opposed to the CTF room but i'd be willing to be that much of what you saw is in this torrent. Bob may have added some content, but i'm guessing he worked a lot from his older archive, much of which we have here.
                Ok, thank you. I'll try to recover the missing ones ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X