Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

    Call for DEFCON Capture the Flag Organizers Version 2.0.
    Please spread this announcement far and wide!
    ------------------------------------

    WANTED:
    An evil large multinational corporation, or...
    An nefarious group of genius autonomous hackers, or...
    A shadowy government organization from somewhere in the world

    TO:
    Host, recreate, and innovate the worlds most (in)famous hacking contest.

    WHY:
    For everlasting fame, intrusive media interviews, the respect of your peers, or the envy of your enemies.

    Do you have what it takes and know what we're talking about?

    THE STORY THUS FAR:

    All things must change, and after years of hard work and consistent advances Kenshoto has decided that it is time to let someone else have a chance to run CTF. We will forever miss their crazy videos and clever configurations. After taking it to the next level, creating a spectator sport out of geeks sitting at their keyboards 0wning machines, and helping CTF gain fabulous recognition around the world, Kenshoto has officially retired as the organizer and hosts of DEFCON's CTF. The contest is not over, merely in transition to the next keepers of the flame. This is the opportunity you and your crew, company, or government have been waiting for!

    You too can pour your heart, countless thousands of hours into planning, producing, and executing the world’s most famous contest of hacking skills. All of the contests at DEFCON are run by volunteers, and CTF is no different.

    My intent is to make a game that's fun for its participants. Kenshoto did a fabulous job of allowing CTF to be a team and spectators sport through scoring visualizations, commentators, game updates. They took it to a new level in one area, and you can take it to another. The heart of hacking has many facets!

    CTF is made of many parts from the actual teams, the organizers, observers, third party supporters, the press, con attendees wanting in on some action, and those newbies wondering WTF.

    YOUR CONSTRAINTS:
    You must design a bad-ass contest. This contest could have a multiplayer / team aspect, but does not have to. Your contest can be based on previous games, but shouldn't be a mere replication of previous games. You can determine the teams/participants before DEFCON through a pre-qualification phase, or at the conference with a first come-first served approach. You can have multiple contests (for example, one contest with individuals, one with teams). The contest can be totally electronic, or it can take into account social engineering, physical security bypass, even hardware modification. You determine the constraints, size of teams, deciding if remote teams can play - really almost everything is up in the air.

    You design the network topology. You determine the rules. Your group will determine the winner, and the losers. The idea behind this CFP is not to ask people to reproduce past Capture the Flags, but to have your group reinvent and create something new, based on the same creativity and energy that CTF is known for. Challenge your friends!

    YOU MUST:
    Clearly communicate the rules to the participants before the contest, set up clear eligibility requirements (if any) before the conference, set up the network, provide any infrastructure that you wish to be part of the game, referee the game while it is taking place, create a scoring system that observers can view to get an idea of what is going on, and determine winners. The easier it is for contestants to understand how to win, the more fair the contest will feel. The contest must end no later than two hours before the end of DEFCON (5pm Sunday) in order to provide time for final scoring and the awards ceremony.

    YOU MUST NOT:
    Interfere with the DEFCON networks (ie: it must be a separate network), interfere with the 'live internet', involve non-consensual parties (ie: anyone who hasn't explicitly agreed to take part in the contests), take bribes that are not equally shared with the DEFCON staff. You must be totally neutral and fair.

    In the past network traffic on CTF has been captured for later forensic analysis and shared with the community to further ids and network sniffer developers. Expect that should we want to do this again there is a way to give access to those wanting to capture traffic while not actively participating in the contest.

    SUGGESTIONS:
    Allowing 'lone gunman' to participate (not require group play). This could be a separate contest, or they could participate in competition with teams (handicaps for teams, perhaps)

    Allowing 'outside players', perhaps a VPN connection with one representative at DEFCON, the rest of a shadowy team located elsewhere in the globe. Incorporating non intrusion/defense techniques to the game - stenography, covert communication channels, riddles/puzzles, social engineering, hardware hacking, radio direction finding, etc.

    A 'theme' (like forensics, covert channels, attacking, defending, application security, host security, etc.) that would be announced beforehand with the contest focused around the theme.

    YOU WILL BE JUDGED:
    On any innovations or revolutionary enhancements to the game. On the feasibility of your team getting all the work done (note: we will publicly humiliate you if you get accepted and fail to perform!). On the amount of fun (as measured in FunMeters) that participants will have.

    Once you submit your ideas (Yes you can submit more than one concept) we will start communicating with you to clarify anything we don't understand. Feel free to ask us questions so you know what you are getting yourself into. A group that work well together is almost a must. Ghetto Hackers and Kenshoto did very well because they had a large enough pool of talent to draw upon when building their automated systems.

    RESOURCES WE CAN PROVIDE:
    Badges to the conference and access to the CTF area for setup on Thursday, the day before the con. Physical space roughly equal to that which has been provided at past DEFCONs. Tables for participants to use. Screens and LCD projectors to display data with. Network connections from the net if necessary. Some network gear and power strips - please let us know early what you need so we can plan for it. Prizes for the winning people or teams. If you want to turn the CTF area into a giant free-for-all we can get the powerstrips and tables. If you want it to be like years past with eight team tables we can do that too. Want to drop some clues in the printed con program? Want to incorporate some clues or components into the attendee badges? We can do that too! Winning teams get a maximum of eight Black Badges.

    RESEARCH POINTERS:
    If you haven’t been to DEFCON before, you should understand the environment your contest must operate in!
    https://www.defcon.org/ will get you started. These may help give you an idea about past contests, what has worked, and what hasn't.

    Ceazar gave a presentation on running hacking contests at Black Hat Asia (learn from a master):
    https://www.blackhat.com/presentatio...p-04-eller.pdf

    A rundown of DEFCON 16 CTF by atlas of team l@stplace (DEFCON 14 and 15 CTF Winners):
    http://atlas.r4780y.com/cgi-bin/atla...080808-sk3wl3d

    Walkthroughs of the last 3 CTF Competitions :
    http://nopsr.us

    Interview with Def Con CTF Winning Team Member Vika Felmetsger (2005):
    http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2005...f-winning.html

    An article on the 2004 CTF on Network World:
    http://www.networkworld.com/news/2004/080904defcon.html

    Ceazar's How to Win the DEFCON CTF:
    https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-1...echtv-ctf.html

    So you want to play a game?

    HERE IS THE PROCESS:
    1.Fill out the application below. You will receive an acknowledgment that your submission was received within 48 business hours of us receiving it unless we are snowed in and the interwebs are broke.

    2.We will use relatively simple criteria to judge your entry. 1:) Feasibility of your team pulling it off taking into consideration who is involved in your team, resources you have, etc. 2:) The amount of fun we imagine the participants will have with your contest, 3:) the coolness or innovation you bring to the contests.

    3.We will contact finalists and ask them further questions, and talk over any questions that we will inevitably have.

    4.We will announce the winner(s) on as soon as we can after the close of the CTF CFP date. It could be possible that we will choose multiple teams that run concurrent but different types of contests.

    5.We will hammer out details over the phone, participating in your game creation (not interfering with it, just ensuring everything is going smoothly). We will conference call with you and may fly you out to sunny Seattle to meet with us to discuss planning for the event.

    6. Kenshoto has volunteered to spend time working with the selected team, answering their questions, explaining their process and what they learned in designing their game. They have a lot of experience and skill so this is a resource you will want to take advantage of.

    APPLICATION:
    All contact information will be kept private, and not disclosed outside the DEFCON planning organization.

    About you and your group

    Name of your organization:

    Name of primary contact:

    Email Address of Primary contact:

    Phone number of primary contact:

    Number of people in your organization (that will actively be participating in creating/planning/executing CTF):

    Experience team members have had in planning events (This could be a bake sale with 500 people, or a DoD briefings for 20 people, something that indicates some planning experience):

    Technical ability of team. This would include a general list of people's abilities * networking, hardware, etc and support the idea you can pull this off:

    Physical resources (if any) that you will be bringing to help run CTF such as a disco ball, robots or enigma machines. This to help us plan to accomodate it with the hotel if you require extra power or special fire marshal approval for your Cray 1 cooling towers.:

    What experience have your team members had in playing CTF in the past. This is not a requirement, but shows real-world knowledge of the game as it has been played in the past.:

    Explain you vision for CTF
    -Explain, in a general manner, your vision of your CTF.

    - Explain how you hope the attendees will experience it. For example, they sign up on-line, get a secret package in the mail, start blindfolded with an unusual laptop? Are their certain crises points you will introduce during the game to confuse or add to the pressure?

    -Provide three reasons your group should host CTF.

    -How do players or teams qualify (if there are qualifications)?

    -Is it multi player or single-player, or a combination?

    -What innovations or new ideas are you bringing to CTF?

    -How long will the contest take, will it be 24x7, 8 hour shifts, etc?

    -What technical work is required to execute your plan. This includes setting up environments beforehand, pre-qualification work if any, writing a scoring system, etc.?

    -Give an outline of the rules that will be presented to the participants:

    -Why do you want to do this?

    -What hardware resources do you request or need from DEFCON?

    -Explain what you believe is the best way to guage a hacker's abilities, and how your vision of the contest could do this?

    -Tell us anything else that you think may be important or that we might consider in choosing your group to host CTF.

    Send 'em in!

    If you are submitting multiple ideas please make each one a separate email so when printed and forwarded between judges there is less confusion.

    Deadline is February 28th, 2009. Submissions go to ctf [at] defcon [d0t] org

    A discussion area has been created on the DEFCON forums under the DEFCON 17 Events section to cover new ideas, ask for feedback, and get an idea of what is going on.
    https://forum.defcon.org/forumdisplay.php?f=458

    New announcements will be on the main DEFCON web site as well:
    https://www.defcon.org/

    Feel free to join the discussion, ask people for feedback on your ideas, ask questions.. use all the resources at your disposal!

    Thank you!

    The Dark Tangent
    The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
    PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

  • #2
    Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

    Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
    Kenshoto has decided that it is time to let someone else have a chance to run CTF. We will forever miss their crazy videos...
    heh... i'll happily donate the filler archive to whomever picks up the ball and runs with it next.

    in fact, that should be a requirement... to still project content on the wall of the CTF room. that's one of the best parts of sitting up in the skybox balconies during the day.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

      Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      in fact, that should be a requirement... to still project content on the wall of the CTF room. that's one of the best parts of sitting up in the skybox balconies during the day.
      +10000000

      Keeping the contest visually interesting to the audience is a fantastic part!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

        I forgot to mention it earlier, but there is no reason you couldn't work with other contest organizers to 'piggy back' parts of the CTF in with their contests as well.

        For example before you get the DVD with the source code you need to pass through Gringo Challenge, or open a lock in the lock pick village. Maybe you have to take someone on from the aCTF into your team or even finish untangling network cables and build the next segment of the infrastructure to continue hacking.
        The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
        PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

          Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
          I forgot to mention it earlier, but there is no reason you couldn't work with other contest organizers to 'piggy back' parts of the CTF in with their contests as well.

          For example before you get the DVD with the source code you need to pass through Gringo Challenge, or open a lock in the lock pick village. Maybe you have to take someone on from the aCTF into your team or even finish untangling network cables and build the next segment of the infrastructure to continue hacking.
          Good thoughts, but in reality this is VERY difficult to do. When GH was still running CTF and I was running the WD contest we unsuccessfully tried to integrate pieces of two contests into each other. We also tried this with the LP contest with slightly more success but it still didn't work out the way either contest planned.

          Also, if I was the oCTF guys and part of CTF was to steal some of my contestants so that they could win I'd be seven different kinds of pissed.

          That said, if someone can figure out a way to successfully integrate multiple contests it would be cool, it's just a very difficult process.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

            Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Good thoughts, but in reality this is VERY difficult to do. When GH was still running CTF and I was running the WD contest we unsuccessfully tried to integrate pieces of two contests into each other. We also tried this with the LP contest with slightly more success but it still didn't work out the way either contest planned.

            Also, if I was the oCTF guys and part of CTF was to steal some of my contestants so that they could win I'd be seven different kinds of pissed.

            That said, if someone can figure out a way to successfully integrate multiple contests it would be cool, it's just a very difficult process.
            It may be too late to do this for DC17, however, it's a very cool idea to test multiple skills. If anyone is interested, I would pony up to a REAL discussion regarding this for DC18 (Valkyrie, psssst? Didn't you know DC18 is cancelled???). I wanted to get something like this going for this year in regards to cracking encrypted messages to get to the "next contest" but coordination time seems to have pretty much run out. It seems wise to have a fun, well-planned multi-disciplinary contest than one that is just mediocre because it got rolled out way too soon. YMMV.

            jmtc

            regards,

            valkyrie
            __________________________________________________ __________________
            sapere aude

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

              the notion of a cross-platform contest has actually been discussed a lot more than many people realize, mostly in back-channel messages and late-night talks in bars. a surprising number of people have been on board when i've pitched the idea to them, including...
              LostBoy (mystery box type puzzles, though less difficult)
              Thorn/Render (adding some element of WiFi cracking)
              ndex (basic phone phreaking skills)
              LockPick Crew (self-explanatory)
              others i'm forgetting
              the three biggest obstacles that we often talk about whenever this sort of thing gets mentioned are...
              1. taking up too much time / involving so many skills that teams get frustrated and give up easily or could never hope to finish (i continue to push the idea that the course shouldn't be fully linear, and in fact could have multiple vectors toward one ultimate goal... thus allowing people who can't pick a lock to instead try to crack a cipher or some team who can't break WPA to instead crack three separate WEP passwords, say)

              2. planners splitting their time and resources between their "main" contest and also participating in this "other" contest (and also how it may draw attention away from their main events)

              3. having so many people on the "organizing" end of things that information leaks out somehow and makes for unfair advantages
              rest assured, however, i am confident that at some point in the future (who knows, maybe at DC18) something like a "DEFCON Decalthalon" will become a reality. my best bet is that it may happen during a year when the bulk of the principal organizers all agree to put their traditional contests on hold, or down-size them to some degree, in order to focus more on this multi-faceted event.

              i have long been in love with this idea, however. rewarding teams for their diversity of skills and not just their fortitude and leet penetration skillz.

              (by the way, i don't want any of my above text or wording to give the impression that somehow i have ownership over this idea or that i thought it up first... i'm sure that the potential for such a challenge was kicking around in a number of people's heads long before now and of course a "multi-skill obstacle course" is nothing new in other sectors, as well. i'm hapy to continue aggregating some of the good ideas that are out there, and i'm always happy to share a drink with creative thinkers... so if you run a contest that could be part of something bigger, you can always feel freet to bounce an idea off me with the assurance that it won't leak out to the public.)
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

                Running contests is difficult.
                When speed is the only component, frequently access to more resources can give participants a greater advantage.
                When finesse is the only component, and people are judged on how clever their attack was, then those with more time to gain experience and learn are favored.

                Some contests have found ways to balance this, like LPCon with the Obstacle Course and the Speed course. The WarDriving contest switched from a primarily speed-based contest to several contests that allow for demonstration of cleverness, luck, and speed.

                If there ever was a Decathlon of cross-discipline game for CTF, how would you include evaluation of cleverness and finesse so that it wasn't strictly a speed-based event?
                tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

                  Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                  If there ever was a Decathlon of cross-discipline game for CTF, how would you include evaluation of cleverness and finesse so that it wasn't strictly a speed-based event?
                  i have been thinking that the overall "course" could be visualized with an analogy of a highway that has three lanes. the "fast" lane (a lane with challenges spaced far apart... numbering only a few through the whole game) would have quite difficult puzzles and obstacles. the "easy" lane would naturally have many more obstacles and problems to face. (and the middle lane would be in between the two)

                  a number of alternate "paths" would be present at various points to allow lane changes, so to speak, for any team that wants to work a different course. speed may be achieved outright by any team who can complete the hardest of challenges, an unlikely event unless they've really outfitted their team with a dizzying mix of people. still, other teams will still have the opportunity to complete the course and perhaps even gain a higher "score" if they complete additional puzzles or challenges.

                  so, in short, i would envision a point-based system... one that rewards both the speedy completion of the challenges but also the sheer number of tasks accomplished.

                  such a point system could be much like in Gringo Warrior... i specifically calibrated the point values so that a "slow" run through the super-challenging locks would just barely beat out someone who took the "easy" route and made it through almost immediately.

                  in the end, perhaps we could envision a scenario of points and course design where one team, possibly using a combination of the "hard" and "medium" lanes reaches the final puzzle and solves it in a couple hours. (i would think this should be a one-day course on Saturday only, possibly) this team would be listed as a leader (perhaps a continuous score board showing teams progress, etc) other teams could still complete the overall course, and could even opt to back-track... seeking out other challenges in other "lanes" that they had previously bypassed. a new leader could emerge in the end if that first team sat idly by while others kept persevering and doing a sort of "clean up" action.
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

                    Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                    i have been thinking that the overall "course" could be visualized with an analogy of a highway that has three lanes. the "fast" lane (a lane with challenges spaced far apart... numbering only a few through the whole game) would have quite difficult puzzles and obstacles. the "easy" lane would naturally have many more obstacles and problems to face. (and the middle lane would be in between the two)

                    a number of alternate "paths" would be present at various points to allow lane changes, so to speak, for any team that wants to work a different course. speed may be achieved outright by any team who can complete the hardest of challenges, an unlikely event unless they've really outfitted their team with a dizzying mix of people. still, other teams will still have the opportunity to complete the course and perhaps even gain a higher "score" if they complete additional puzzles or challenges.

                    so, in short, i would envision a point-based system... one that rewards both the speedy completion of the challenges but also the sheer number of tasks accomplished.

                    such a point system could be much like in Gringo Warrior... i specifically calibrated the point values so that a "slow" run through the super-challenging locks would just barely beat out someone who took the "easy" route and made it through almost immediately.

                    in the end, perhaps we could envision a scenario of points and course design where one team, possibly using a combination of the "hard" and "medium" lanes reaches the final puzzle and solves it in a couple hours. (i would think this should be a one-day course on Saturday only, possibly) this team would be listed as a leader (perhaps a continuous score board showing teams progress, etc) other teams could still complete the overall course, and could even opt to back-track... seeking out other challenges in other "lanes" that they had previously bypassed. a new leader could emerge in the end if that first team sat idly by while others kept persevering and doing a sort of "clean up" action.
                    I gave more points to people at DC15 who cracked the codes on the physical Enigmas vice those who used the on-line engines to crack the code. Is this what you mean? If not, school me please.

                    regards.

                    valkyrie
                    __________________________________________________ _________
                    sapere aude

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

                      Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
                      I gave more points to people at DC15 who cracked the codes on the physical Enigmas vice those who used the on-line engines to crack the code. Is this what you mean? If not, school me please.

                      regards.

                      valkyrie
                      __________________________________________________ _________
                      sapere aude
                      Sorry, I was getting all theoretical there. Whoever decides to own this, if you need/want a lackey, I'm volunteering. Okie, let's get back on track...

                      Regards,

                      valkyrie
                      __________________________________________________ __________________
                      sapere aude

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

                        Speaking of co-mingling contests...

                        Some members of The Shmoo Group would like to put on a hacker-themed Team Fortress 2 tourney last year. I had a small (very small) LAN party before my sunday morning talk at DC16... While only a few ppl had machines capable of playing the game, many came up to me afterwards indicating they'd come prepared for next year if we could organize something earlier and bigger.

                        We're working on a custom scoreboard to make TF2 a spectator sport in much the same way CTF is. We'll be debuting this at ShmooCon for the TF2 tourney there. We'll also be building a custom DC themed map for competition at DefCon if this all goes as planned.

                        Anyhoo, we're hoping that whoever wins the CTF CFP would be willing to work with us (assuming this all gets approved by whoever approves this sort of thing). It would be fantastic to piggy back on the CTF network in the off hours for the TF2 tourney. We'd like to run the tourney at night when CTF isn't going on... that is assuming the same type of scheduling as previous years. We have similar needs (fast network, AV, etc) as CTF and don't really want to reinvent the wheel if we don't have to.

                        Food for thought for whoever has made it this far in the thread and is thinking of applying to take over CTF. It's clearly a more complicated idea than I've laid out here. But I wanted to at least make folks aware that we were hoping to come storming in with our virtual guns blazing at DC17.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DEFCON 17 CTF Call for new Organizers!

                          Originally posted by gdead View Post
                          Speaking of co-mingling contests...

                          Some members of The Shmoo Group would like to put on a hacker-themed Team Fortress 2 tourney last year. I had a small (very small) LAN party before my sunday morning talk at DC16... While only a few ppl had machines capable of playing the game, many came up to me afterwards indicating they'd come prepared for next year if we could organize something earlier and bigger.

                          We're working on a custom scoreboard to make TF2 a spectator sport in much the same way CTF is. We'll be debuting this at ShmooCon for the TF2 tourney there. We'll also be building a custom DC themed map for competition at DefCon if this all goes as planned.

                          Anyhoo, we're hoping that whoever wins the CTF CFP would be willing to work with us (assuming this all gets approved by whoever approves this sort of thing). It would be fantastic to piggy back on the CTF network in the off hours for the TF2 tourney. We'd like to run the tourney at night when CTF isn't going on... that is assuming the same type of scheduling as previous years. We have similar needs (fast network, AV, etc) as CTF and don't really want to reinvent the wheel if we don't have to.

                          Food for thought for whoever has made it this far in the thread and is thinking of applying to take over CTF. It's clearly a more complicated idea than I've laid out here. But I wanted to at least make folks aware that we were hoping to come storming in with our virtual guns blazing at DC17.
                          Hey Bruce. Russ is the person you want to talk to initially about this. I forwarded this info to him along with your contact info.

                          Chris
                          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            CTF Submissions are now arriving

                            We have a couple more weeks until the end of the month when the CTF CFP closes.

                            So far we have a few good submissions, and I'd like to blind the submitters so it isn't a popularity contest, and share them with everyone to gather feedback. That way if there are some team members lurking they can see what people have to say and make any adjustments to their submission before the deadline.

                            If I post some, will you guys provide _constructive_ feedback?
                            The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
                            PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: CTF Submissions are now arriving

                              Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                              We have a couple more weeks until the end of the month when the CTF CFP closes.

                              So far we have a few good submissions, and I'd like to blind the submitters so it isn't a popularity contest, and share them with everyone to gather feedback. That way if there are some team members lurking they can see what people have to say and make any adjustments to their submission before the deadline.

                              If I post some, will you guys provide _constructive_ feedback?
                              I will provide feedback...and *I* will consider it constructive. Your mileage may vary.
                              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X