Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON Shoot shirts

Heya,

so i'm thinking that i may want to produce shirts for this year's DEFCON Shoot. if i do, the design i was toying with (as seen in another thread) was the following...

many folk who have bought rifles with "scary" features (like a pistol grip, a birdcage on the muzzle, a bayonet lug, etc etc etc) will get the joke. i have wound up with many of these little orange tags laying around. i figured maybe they'd make a good inside joke on a shirt.

if you are interested, PM me with shirt size. They should shake out to $10 per shirt or less, but due to our small order size we might see pricing that's too restrictive for our purposes. I won't know until people start telling me if they're interested.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: DEFCON Shoot shirts

I have never seen one of those little orange tags. Heck I bought a rifle earlier today, a rather scary one, and it didnt have one.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

It is worth noting that any shirt design should include the DC number and year.

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
        I have never seen one of those little orange tags. Heck I bought a rifle earlier today, a rather scary one, and it didnt have one.
        hmm... my M1A came with that, as did one of my AR receivers for some reason.

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
        It is worth noting that any shirt design should include the DC number and year.
        heh... but then how would we unload the inevitable extras the following year?
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

I probably won't make the shoot, but put me in for a 1X, I'm digging the design.

Comment

So, i've got the following requests thus far...

one (or more) 5XL

two 2XL

two XL

one S

... unless we get significant numbers this won't be feasible. i don't know the smallest run of shirts possible by a company, but i doubt even Jack Prints will make a batch of 20 or so.

noid, can i get an email for M? don't seem to have him in my address book... and i'd love to see what sort of price he'd quote.
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
              heh... but then how would we unload the inevitable extras the following year?
              I don't think it would hinder them from selling. I don't think it did in previous years. New attendees next year would buy both new and old, given the opportunity. And previous attendees would probably be ready to replace them. Hell, I think we need to do a rerun of the "Original Point and Click Interface" design, as mine is in tatters, and everyone who sees it loves it.

Another idea that occured to me would be doing this years shirt in all safety orange, with the tag just an outline. I dunno, just a thought. Living in the desert, I find I don't wear my black T's until about October.

Comment

I don't think it would hinder them from selling. I don't think it did in previous years. New attendees next year would buy both new and old, given the opportunity. And previous attendees would probably be ready to replace them. Hell, I think we need to do a rerun of the "Original Point and Click Interface" design, as mine is in tatters, and everyone who sees it loves it.
                I think that the original designer might prefer to be contacted before you did this. I have several of the old dc shoot shirts, and every one of them have a copyright mark on them. I'm sure if anyone asked that he'd be glad to help on the reproduction of it, but you probably *should* ask. Pity shirt design isn't all that profitable, because Jay was surely talented in the area.

Another idea that occured to me would be doing this years shirt in all safety orange, with the tag just an outline. I dunno, just a thought. Living in the desert, I find I don't wear my black T's until about October.
                The reason most shirts are black (or white, or grey) is that color is a very personal thing. Any time you choose a color, no matter how popular, or how nondescript, you cut down on the number of people that will want the shirt.

Comment

I've got the complete set of DEFCON Shoot shirts going back to DEFCON V, I believe. We always did black, except on year we did two red shirts for range safety officers. CHS should know who did the design, and if we can re-do it. BTW, this is my last year I'll have an (unexpired) official fed cred that can make the Clark County sheriff truck and helo go away. :) Should I bring the ceremonial orange vest? (Deviant -- put me down for an XL if you do make a shirt run.) - G. Mark
                  Check out the HACKER JEOPARDY forum at https://forum.defcon.org/forumdisplay.php?f=803

Comment

the shirt order has gone in just now. i am assured that (a) the shirts will be there by the time i get to Vegas and (b) they will not be more than $10.

ONE CAVEAT... the DC Shoot Shirts will be just $10 for people who have asked me in advance for a shirt. i have ordered a few extras (to get the overall total up to about 50) in each size... so if you want one at the shoot itself that's fine, but the cost once we're on the firing line is likely to be $20... any surplus will help me cover the cost of getting all the equipment and "public" guns out there to Nevada, etc.

eventhough i have pre-planned these extras, they are coming anyway... and i'll still honor the $10 price if you contact me before i leave on the 24th and state what you'd like. currently the most extras i ordered were L and XL, but there are a small handful of S and M and possibly a 2XL still in the "extra" column.

here is the final design...

- Trent Reznor

Comment

I look dead sexy in my shirt.
                      "I know where you sleep." -Anonymous well-wisher

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                        I look dead sexy in my shirt.
                        you do not need a DC-Shoot shirt to look sexy, my suave amigo... but i still likes what what you said.
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                        X