Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winners!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Winners!!!!!

    For Peoples Choice award is Lizz! I'll post details regarding the prize soon.

    As for the other 3....well...I hope to post a follow up tonight. I am still deliberating on a tie for one of the spots. :-)
    "Haters, gonna hate"

  • #2
    Re: Winners!!!!!

    UPDATE:

    Peoples Choice Winner- Just Another Day at Defcon by Lizz Your story will be featured on the DEF CON website, it will be included in the conference CD, and you will win a Store credit of $25.

    1st Place. Egalitarian Deceit by ************
    Your story will be featured on the DEF CON website, it will be included in the conference CD, You will win ONE free entry into the DEF CON conference ($140 value) and you will win a Store credit of $25.

    2nd Place. Random Mental Packets from the Con by Firmwarez
    Your story will be included on the DEF CON Conference CD, you will win ONE free entry into the DEF CON conference ($140 value) and you will win a Store credit of $10.

    3rd Place.DECRYPT MY HEART by John McNabb
    Your story will be included on the DEF CON Conference CD, and you will win a Store credit of $5.

    Winners, I will send you an Email to let you know how to claim your prize.

    Thank you to everyone who submitted, I found it hard to choose, I pulled my hair out trying to decide between one really good story and the next really good story. I Hope to do this again next year and if you have any ideas or suggestions please share. I'd also like to see some of these stories continued...hint hint hint.

    If you didn't win, don't worry. We are still going to point people here to read your story and just so you know, there is no BAD short story on here, you all did a great job and like I said, it was REALLY hard for me to pick, and in the end I had to go with my heart. I guarantee you there is a story on here that someone will read connect with and think that I was wrong in my choices. I'd like to encourage those people to leave that feedback to the writers as they put a lot of time and effort into writing and submitting that story, give them that positive feedback. They deserve the props! So again, Thank you writers!
    Last edited by Nikita; 06-17-2010, 04:59 PM.
    "Haters, gonna hate"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Winners!!!!!

      Originally posted by Nikita View Post
      UPDATE:

      Peoples Choice Winner- Just Another Day at Defcon by Lizz Your story will be featured on the DEF CON website, it will be included in the conference CD, and you will win a Store credit of $25.

      1st Place. Egalitarian Deceit by ************
      Your story will be featured on the DEF CON website, it will be included in the conference CD, You will win ONE free entry into the DEF CON conference ($140 value) and you will win a Store credit of $25.

      2nd Place. Random Mental Packets from the Con by Firmwarez
      Your story will be included on the DEF CON Conference CD, you will win ONE free entry into the DEF CON conference ($140 value) and you will win a Store credit of $10.

      3rd Place. DECRYPT MY HEART by John McNabb
      Your story will be included on the DEF CON Conference CD, and you will win a Store credit of $5.

      Winners, I will send you an Email to let you know how to claim your prize.

      Thank you to everyone who submitted, I found it hard to choose, I pulled my hair out trying to decide between one really good story and the next really good story. I Hope to do this again next year and if you have any ideas or suggestions please share. I'd also like to see some of these stories continued...hint hint hint.

      If you didn't win, don't worry. We are still going to point people here to read your story and just so you know, there is no BAD short story on here, you all did a great job and like I said, it was REALLY hard for me to pick, and in the end I had to go with my heart. I guarantee you there is a story on here that someone will read connect with and think that I was wrong in my choices. I'd like to encourage those people to leave that feedback to the writers as they put a lot of time and effort into writing and submitting that story, give them that positive feedback. They deserve the props! So again, Thank you writers!
      May I suggest links on this thread back to the thread the winner stories are posted in?
      "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Winners!!!!!

        Originally posted by eris View Post
        May I suggest links on this thread back to the thread the winner stories are posted in?
        They are linked, thank you for the suggestion.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Winners!!!!!

          Originally posted by Nikita View Post
          For Peoples Choice award is Lizz! I'll post details regarding the prize soon.
          Congratulation to all the winners !

          (Lizz I still like yours best)
          DaKahuna
          ___________________
          Will Hack for Bandwidth

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Winners!!!!!

            Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
            Congratulation to all the winners !

            (Lizz I still like yours best)
            You have such good taste it's not funny! (This is lizzz using Gid's acct.)
            I thought all the stories were great. I'll be selling movie rights now to pay for
            my DC tix. You in?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Winners!!!!!

              Lizz - I think making a movie would simply spoil a good story. Besides, just try and imagine who you find to play the role of that cast of characters, and I do use the word characters advisedly.
              DaKahuna
              ___________________
              Will Hack for Bandwidth

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Winners!!!!!

                now.. I wonder if all the folks that submitted wanted to have ALL the stories put into ONE book? I can work on getting it available on amazon.

                DEFCON 2010 Short Stories... ect.

                figure I can make it as cheap as possible to buy.. and I could use one of my ISBN numbers (from notthefed.com) so then technically everyone could claim to be a 'published author'

                anywho.. just thinking out loud. Granted.. most will be on the CD anyways...

                b

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Winners!!!!!

                  Originally posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
                  now.. I wonder if all the folks that submitted wanted to have ALL the stories put into ONE book? I can work on getting it available on amazon.

                  DEFCON 2010 Short Stories... ect.

                  figure I can make it as cheap as possible to buy.. and I could use one of my ISBN numbers (from notthefed.com) so then technically everyone could claim to be a 'published author'

                  anywho.. just thinking out loud. Granted.. most will be on the CD anyways...

                  b
                  We were trying to get a book ready for this year to give out or sell, but it was too last minute. I think the contest was a hit, we'll do it next year, and then publish this years and next years in a printed format as well as electronic, etc.
                  The Dark Tangent: Use PGP Key ID: 0x5D2405E5 for sending me email
                  PGP Fingerprint: D121 EAAE D1B6 3D2E A0B1 953F FFAF A718 5D24 05E5

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X