Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Meet Time & Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Forum Meet Time & Location

    Hi Everyone,

    The Forum meet will be held Friday Night from 9pm to 2am in Skybox 205. The first half of the meet will be more official yet there will be loads of fun to be had. This year we will have a short trivia game, door prizes, and a special prize to be awarded at the Award Ceremony at the end of con. (More details about that will come later.)

    Why until 2am?
    After the official business wears down & prizes given out we will carry on into the night so you can continue to socialize and finish your conversations. The Forum Meet Lounge will be open until 2am. So even if you were busy earlier, you can still stop by enter to win a prize and hang out with some really cool people. This year there is no excuse not to make an appearance to the meet! With our skybox location we will be front and center by the parties you usually attend, we welcome the under 21 ( No alcohol will be server IN our skybox) and you've got all night to stop by.

    IF you want to learn about the forums, win some cool prizes, meet some of the Legends among us, then show up between Friday night!
    Last edited by Nikita; 06-17-2010, 06:06 PM.
    "Haters, gonna hate"

  • #2
    Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

    Myself & Runnerup will be there, with our Avatar Badges on.

    I hope more people wear their Avatar Badges this year too, it makes it easier to recognize people both at the forum meet and around Con.
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

      If it must be a badge i'll make one.. though I was hoping to make an avatar cod piece...

      What do y'all think?
      Originally posted by Ellen
      Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

        Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
        Myself & Runnerup will be there, with our Avatar Badges on.

        I hope more people wear their Avatar Badges this year too, it makes it easier to recognize people both at the forum meet and around Con.
        What if we just happen to look like our avatar?
        A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

          Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
          Myself & Runnerup will be there, with our Avatar Badges on.

          I hope more people wear their Avatar Badges this year too, it makes it easier to recognize people both at the forum meet and around Con.
          I'll at the very least stop by. And as it has been since I joined the forums, my avatar badge will be attached all weekend.
          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

            Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
            If it must be a badge i'll make one.. though I was hoping to make an avatar cod piece...

            What do y'all think?
            A special prize will be awarded to the first avatar cod piece that I see.
            Last edited by Nikita; 06-17-2010, 05:03 PM.
            "Haters, gonna hate"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

              Originally posted by Nikita View Post
              A special prize will be awarded to the first avatar cod piece, I see.
              Good thing I made a stencil. now what the hell did I do with that codpiece?
              "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                alls i need is a cup a bedazzler and a marker.. we will make this work!

                oh oh and gold spray paint and some GLITTER!!!
                Originally posted by Ellen
                Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                  Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
                  alls i need is a cup a bedazzler and a marker.. we will make this work!

                  oh oh and gold spray paint and some GLITTER!!!
                  You're thinking small, hex. Glow in the dark paint, some UV LED's, and you can't forget the blinky lights. no flashy codpiece is complete without blinky lights.
                  "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                    Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                    What if we just happen to look like our avatar?
                    You'll still need something with your handle on it. I mean people could get confused, since my avatar bares a striking resemblance to Thorn.


                    Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                    A special prize will be awarded to the first avatar cod piece, I see.
                    /me sighs

                    Nikita, think about the majority of guys who come to DefCon, do you really want to see any of them wearing a cod piece?
                    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                      Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
                      alls i need is a cup a bedazzler and a marker.. we will make this work!

                      oh oh and gold spray paint and some GLITTER!!!
                      This is starting to sound like a bizarre mixture of Broadway musical and A Clockwork Orange.
                      Thorn
                      "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                        Originally posted by Thorn View Post
                        This is starting to sound like a bizarre mixture of Broadway musical and A Clockwork Orange.
                        Have you been spying on my fantasies again?
                        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                          Originally posted by sintax_error View Post
                          You're thinking small, hex. Glow in the dark paint, some UV LED's, and you can't forget the blinky lights. no flashy codpiece is complete without blinky lights.
                          Might I suggest you guys actually go through with the entire costume, after all, it is vegas.

                          http://thomonthenet.com/LasVegas2001...armoti001b.jpg
                          A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                            Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                            Might I suggest you guys actually go through with the entire costume, after all, it is vegas.

                            http://thomonthenet.com/LasVegas2001...armoti001b.jpg
                            HAH! you call that a codpiece?! There was an image I was going to link to... but... yeah, never mind.
                            "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Forum Meet Time & Location

                              Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                              Nikita, think about the majority of guys who come to DefCon, do you really want to see any of them wearing a cod piece?
                              OK, I'm gonna clarify. Codpieces are to be over the pants. At least that is how I will judge.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece

                              Since this is getting attention, I've decided to roll with it. I'm going to give a prize to the first one I see. I will also give a prize to the BEST CODPIECE. Consider it a contest. Because I actually would love to see the designs and blinken-peen covers you guys come up with.

                              To be fair, I will consider bras as well, if you don't have the cod for the piece.

                              I think you should use this as a guide..

                              "Haters, gonna hate"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X