[Lockpicking/Locksmithing] Contests at DEFCON 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Lockpicking/Locksmithing] Contests at DEFCON 18

Gringo Warrior - this will absolutely be coming back again, and located on the contest floor as an official event. As always, scores, videos and whatnot from previous occasions wind up on the Gringo site here.

Speed Picking - i have every reason to believe that this, too, will happen again. As in years past, the winner will likely receive a fully paid trip to LockCon, the picking championships, wherever they take place in 2011. (remember, the winner from DC17 has his all-expense-paid trip to Turkey coming up!)

Field Stripping - this is something that Schulyer runs and it's been a lot of fun for many people... learn all about how locks are built, serviced, and re-configured... then try your hand at it in this fun, speedy contest!

Clusterpick - A fun way to blow off some steam and close out the village at the end of everything on sunday, while this contest is usually staff members just having a go at one another, there is one large competition slot open to members of the public... if you've been spending time in the Lockpick Village that weekend, sit around with us and have fun trying to open anything and everything we can in five minutes!
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: [Lockpicking/Locksmithing] Contests at DEFCON 18

Just want to confirm that Field Stripping is a go. It gets a little better organized every year, and this year I even have my finances mostly in order so I should be able to bring something interesting both for prizes & lock for the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Schuyler View Post
      Just want to confirm that Field Stripping is a go. It gets a little better organized every year, and this year I even have my finances mostly in order so I should be able to bring something interesting both for prizes & lock for the finals.
      sweet! it's terrific having all of the "pure" lockpicking games that take place in the Village, as they are a good counter-point to the zany, off-the-wall picking fun of Gringo Warrior down on the contest floor.

ClusterPick will also be back again this year as a way to blow off steam and close out the Village on the last day. i'll post more details of that at some point, too, since the public is allowed to participate there, as well.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Wow, been out of touch for a while, but you guys have taken this to fucking extremes!

I totally dig the idea of Gringo Warrior. I may make it back out this year just to watch this!

Comment

Avast, ye mateys! Sign me up for Gringo Warrior and Speed Picking!

Hell, I might even try my hand at safe cracking... I just picked up an S&G 6730 kit but have had no time to practice so right now my skillz are FAIL.

See ya'll at the con!

Comment

Working...
          X