• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World's No.1 Hacker Contest

What: The World's No.1 Hacker Contest
    When: Friday, July 30th, 22:30-23:30
    Where: Spiders are fun Party @ Defcon / Skybox 206 / Over 21

Have you ever wanted to prove that you're a step above the rest, that you know your stuff and have the skills to make a difference? Well now's your chance to shine in front of the hacker world. This year at DEF CON, we will be holding a challenge so tough, so scary, that until now it couldn't even be considered. After several years of planning, this year for the first time, we will be crowning the World's No.1 Hacker!

There's no room for pretenders anymore, its time to step up and show your skills, or go home crying. So break out those pop tarts and join us for an event never to be forgotten.

Contestants will be given 5 minutes to showcase their mad skills* before a panel of celebrity judges. The winner will be crowned (literally) the World's No.1 Hacker and be permitted to use that moniker for 1 year, until the next DEF CON conference where he/she/it will need to defend their title to be crowned the World's No.1.

Remember, you've got to be in it to win it...

To sign up, send an email with your name and your skills to
    n01hackercontest@gmail.com. We will select 8 lucky contestants and notify you via email that you should be prepared to compete.

*If you need more than 5 minutes to prove it to the judges, you can't possibly be No.1. Be creative, do a dance, rap a tune, bust an 0day, or come dressed to impress. Don't worry if you loose, we'll just point and laugh and offer you an awesome consolation prize!

Think of this event as the Hackers version of the Miss America pageant.

( As with most SkyBox parties these are private events and Invite is up to the owners discretion, the Spiders Are Fun party is an invite only party, as is almost all of the other parties)
    "Haters, gonna hate"

Re: The World's No.1 Hacker Contest

Also, the organizers of this event wish to tell you that if you wish to submit AS a hacker such as the infallible Gregory Evans, or any number of internet trolls, spectators, or "famous persons" of the hacker world...by all means....DO SO.
    "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
      Ack, that whole visual image is truly going to give me nightmares!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
        Will there be a swimsuit competition?
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

When is the World's No. 1 Check Writer Contest?

Comment

Originally posted by bkerlin View Post
            When is the World's No. 1 Check Writer Contest?
            You have to beat a stalking charge before you advance to that stage.
            "*x74*x68*x65*x70*x72*x65*x7a*x39*x38";

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
              Will there be a swimsuit competition?
              Ack! Now I am going to have even WORSE nightmares. Thanks a lot Wiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne0nRa1n View Post
                Not a problem, Ain.
                And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne0nRa1n View Post
                  Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                  Not a problem, Ain.
                  From now on, you can refer to me as z98.
                  "*x74*x68*x65*x70*x72*x65*x7a*x39*x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                    From now on, you can refer to me as z98.
                    You so know I totally will. ;)

Comment

Can I compete to be the worlds #[insert irrational number] hacker?

Comment

And how do I sign up COTman again? He has to show up to Defcon and then sing right?

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                          And how do I sign up COTman again? He has to show up to Defcon and then sing right?
                          I can't sing or dance well, and I am certainly not "world's number 1 hacker". Even if I was going to be there, I wouldn't enter this contest. There is a great deal of humor in this contest, and I would probably laugh as much as the next person that listened to people's claims on how they are the world's #1 hacker.

However, if I were to enter this contest, I would show up with a modified electric chainsaw with a UPS on a crash-cart, dressed as a lumberjack with a tuque on my head, tell everyone what I was all aboot (about), end my questions with, "eh?" or "ya-know?" and end sentences with an up-swing in frequency so they sound like questions even though they are not. Perhaps someone that can sing will take this idea and maybe sing the famous Monty Python, "I am a lumberjack," song with modified lyrics related to hacking. If you do, please record a video of this and post it on youtube.
                          tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                            I can't sing or dance well, and I am certainly not "world's number 1 hacker". Even if I was going to be there, I wouldn't enter this contest. There is a great deal of humor in this contest, and I would probably laugh as much as the next person that listened to people's claims on how they are the world's #1 hacker.

However, if I were to enter this contest, I would show up with a modified electric chainsaw with a UPS on a crash-cart, dressed as a lumberjack with a tuque on my head, tell everyone what I was all aboot (about), end my questions with, "eh?" or "ya-know?" and end sentences with an up-swing in frequency so they sound like questions even though they are not. Perhaps someone that can sing will take this idea and maybe sing the famous Monty Python, "I am a lumberjack," song with modified lyrics related to hacking. If you do, please record a video of this and post it on youtube.
                            ^^^^ See. That's why I nominate Cot.

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                              ^^^^ See. That's why I nominate Cot.
                              Consider that nomination seconded!
                              GnuPG-Fingerprint:
                              F164 738F 16BF FDBF F0B6 5720 C986 8AF7 5F41 97BE

V5 vi veri Vniversum vivus vici

Comment

Working...
                              X