Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

    You can now book a room at the Rio for DEF CON 20 at our group rate! Do this one of two ways: Go to http://www.totalrewards.com/hotel-re...upCode=SRDEF12, or call the hotel directly at 888-746-6955 and reference group code SRDEF12.

    The nightly rates are split up as follows:
    7/22 through 7/26 is $104
    7/27 and 7/28 is $118
    Then 7/29 through 7/31 is again $104

    Get on it soon! Space is limited!

  • #2
    Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

    Originally posted by neil View Post
    You can now book a room at the Rio for DEF CON 20 at our group rate! Do this one of two ways: Go to http://www.totalrewards.com/hotel-re...upCode=SRDEF12, or call the hotel directly at 888-746-6955 and reference group code SRDEF12.

    The nightly rates are split up as follows:
    7/22 through 7/26 is $104
    7/27 and 7/28 is $118
    Then 7/29 through 7/31 is again $104

    Get on it soon! Space is limited!
    No rates for suites? Are they still not "counting them" towards DefCon?
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

      Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
      No rates for suites? Are they still not "counting them" towards DefCon?
      I thought all the rooms at the Rio were suites?

      I guess not all suites are created equal.
      DaKahuna
      ___________________
      Will Hack for Bandwidth

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

        Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
        I thought all the rooms at the Rio were suites?

        I guess not all suites are created equal.
        No, they're not. The two "suites" listed for DefCon are 600sq feet. The real suites start at 1100sq feet.

        I don't mind paying the full rate, but it was kind of annoying last year when they told me that DefCon doesn't even get "credit" for my room, since it's outside the block. That's why I was hoping they would have had the real suites in their package this year.
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

          These "group rates" are more expensive than it was to just buy the rooms outright a few weeks ago
          *

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

            Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
            These "group rates" are more expensive than it was to just buy the rooms outright a few weeks ago
            I noticed that too, It seemed as if they jumped the rates as soon as they put our group rate in. I had checked a few days before it was roughly about 102 night now upto 108 average a night.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

              Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
              I noticed that too, It seemed as if they jumped the rates as soon as they put our group rate in. I had checked a few days before it was roughly about 102 night now upto 108 average a night.
              Based on what happened last year after the block sold out, I'd say that's all the more reason to book asap if you haven't already. You can typically get the hotel to drop the price of a pre-booked room if you call them with a discount code, players' club special, etc. with a lower advertised rate. But if you happen not to find better deals, the prices tend to hike pretty quickly.
              "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

                I booked just because i know once they sell out of the group block the room rates regardless of what promotion they scalp. I think last year it got pretty close to 500 a night before it marked as sold out. If you were to use there promotion card discount as believe it makes it slightly cheaper could you still be put with the defcon foak and get the limited edition room keys or is that something specific to being in the defcon block.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

                  Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                  No rates for suites? Are they still not "counting them" towards DefCon?
                  i thought the Rio's thing was that they are "all suites" ... or do you mean some kinds of Special Suites?
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

                    Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                    i thought the Rio's thing was that they are "all suites" ... or do you mean some kinds of Special Suites?
                    After the post you replied to but before your post here, he answered that question:

                    Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                    No, they're not. The two "suites" listed for DefCon are 600sq feet. The real suites start at 1100sq feet.

                    I don't mind paying the full rate, but it was kind of annoying last year when they told me that DefCon doesn't even get "credit" for my room, since it's outside the block. That's why I was hoping they would have had the real suites in their package this year.
                    Hope this helps
                    tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rio group code information for DEF CON 20

                      Wow, my Defcon rate is $300 more than buying from another Internet site and $140 more than buying from the hotel with regular rates.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X