Projects and or subjects..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projects and or subjects..

With the group kicking off pretty good - I just thought I would start off a thread
    for the members to ping some ideas for projects or subjects that they would
    be into exploring at the meetings..

I think we will be reviewing some of the nifty utilities/tools here pretty quick to
    show off what is available and give them a shot to try them if they haven't..

We always take suggestions during the meetings and we've got some great
    subjects coming up in the future.. But if you really want to look into something
    particular - then feel free to bring it up here also..

Oh.. And did I mention - anyone that would like - feel free to bring your laptops
    if you have them.. We are also working on setting up some boxes dedicated
    just for the dc806 group..

Re: Projects and or subjects..

Originally posted by wardog View Post
    With the group kicking off pretty good - I just thought I would start off a thread
    for the members to ping some ideas for projects or subjects that they would
    be into exploring at the meetings..

I think we will be reviewing some of the nifty utilities/tools here pretty quick to
    show off what is available and give them a shot to try them if they haven't..

We always take suggestions during the meetings and we've got some great
    subjects coming up in the future.. But if you really want to look into something
    particular - then feel free to bring it up here also..

Oh.. And did I mention - anyone that would like - feel free to bring your laptops
    if you have them.. We are also working on setting up some boxes dedicated
    just for the dc806 group..
    One thing I would like to know more about is TCP/IP, specifically packets. I know what ack packets are but confused at what psh/ack packets are used for along with others.
    *m/

Comment

Alright, I was informed that I could try bugging you exit2600x and even Orig3n about job information? I'm sort of new to Amarillo, and looking for a job suitable for an IT guy in training (currently studying and taking tests) and a phreak.

As for subjects, well I submitted some ideas to Wardog via email and my brain is dry on that part now heh.

Comment

Yes.. from the list of suggestions that I saw - you are going to fit in great at
        dc806.. I'll do some thinking and see what kind of job oportunities that
        I can line up for ya..

Comment

Well I appreciate the help, and I am going to run to those companies and see what they have to offer too. Well at this point it's just showing them what I have to offer really, I'd take whatever I'm given as long as it's part of some sort of informative field haha.

Ah, on the note of where to have the next meeting, any suggestions yet? Do the libraries have meeting rooms here?

Comment

Ah, it's been a while since I've been on... Time goes by when you are disconnected. I missed out on some important meeting material as well it seems. Wish I could of been there for the talk on windows passwords and such. I've been so bored, trying to figure out what is going on... Anyone up for running the tunnels in this town or... well anything? I need something physical to do with the knowledge I've been gaining over my absence from the net.

Oh, and has anyone else had a problem with the new Backtrack? After a day of use, it now tells me the password is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by the_greatergood View Post
              Oh, and has anyone else had a problem with the new Backtrack? After a day of use, it now tells me the password is wrong.
              Try burning at a slower rate (4x). There seems to be some errors that crop up at faster burn rates.
              "*x74*x68*x65*x70*x72*x65*x7a*x39*x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                Try burning at a slower rate (4x). There seems to be some errors that crop up at faster burn rates.
                Burn? No I'm not trying to copy it... It won't allow me to access it anymore when I boot from it. I don't know, perhaps I have the root or password wrong... I can't remember the details now it's been a while since I've tried to jack with it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_greatergood View Post
                  Burn? No I'm not trying to copy it... It won't allow me to access it anymore when I boot from it. I don't know, perhaps I have the root or password wrong... I can't remember the details now it's been a while since I've tried to jack with it.
                  I'm suggesting that there could be a problem with your CD that possibly developed when you burned it. You wouldn't be the first. So I am recommending that you verify the checksum and re-burn the ISO at a slower rate. That just may solve your problem.

The default u/p is root:toor
                  "*x74*x68*x65*x70*x72*x65*x7a*x39*x38";

Comment

Ah okay. Well I'm not the one who burned this copy, can't remember the name of the person who did so checking my checksum to the original will be a bit difficult. As for the u/p I ended up having that right... Can't understand why it stopped working after a day of use, I rebooted the comp and tried to start it back up, and started giving me crap... Ah well, I'll poke around and get the little bugga to work. Thanks for the help prez.

- Giles

Comment

We will see if we can get you another copy..

Comment

Thanks. So is there going to be a June meeting?

Comment

Yep.. We had it on the 2nd saturday of the month.. I'll send you an e-mail next
                          time so you don't miss the one in July.. If I can get it together - I may put together
                          a demonstration on how fxp groups port scan, and then using an exploit - gain
                          access to a site and install a rootkit on it - just so they can setup a ftp stro for
                          dumping and fxp files.. Just information, so that you will recognize why your
                          firewall sees scans on certain ports of your computer..

At the June meeting - I gave a quick talk about the warez scene in general and
                          some of the terms involved.. My printer crapped out, so I wasn't able to give
                          out a paper - but I'll get one together, so that everyone that missed it can
                          check it out.. We talked about stros, racers, screeners, topsites and stuff
                          like that.. Pretty much craddle to grave on stuff mysteriously leaving 'Sony'
                          before they even hit the stores and ending up on millions of computers.. lol

Comment

Ah haha! I forgot about the 2nd Saturday thing... I just kept looking at the website and waited for something new to pop up about the next meeting... Had a thousand and one things running through my head lately so I forgot such a simple task... bah lol

Comment

Working...
                            X