Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Requesting Room Share] Sharing Rooms @ Riviera Hotel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0x58
    replied
    Re: [Requesting Room Share] Sharing Rooms @ Riviera Hotel?

Originally posted by LosT View Post
    Sleep? At Defcon? What's that?

A little slice of death.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied
    Re: [Requesting Room Share] Sharing Rooms @ Riviera Hotel?

Sleep? At Defcon? What's that?

Leave a comment:

• velderia
    replied
    Re: Sharing Rooms @ Riviera Hotel?

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    We have a section for posting these kinds of requests but it doesn't open up until a month or two before the con.
    ([forum=26] Rides and Roomsharing [/forum])

You are welcome to try this here for now, but probably won't get many responses this early in the year. (Those that have tried to make plans with other people for rooms this early frequently find that one or more people back out, or are not heard from.)

I'll be editing this thread topic to include [Requesting Room Share] as part of it, so I can move it (and others) to room sharing once it is open for service.
    Ah, I see... Thanks.

Suggestions:
    If you have a local 2600 Group, or DCG in your area, attend a few meetings and get to know the people near you. These people are often your best choice for room sharing, as you can get to know them in the months leading up to Defcon, and they can get to know you.
    I'll probably look into that sometime. That's a great suggestion
    You may want to specify requirements in a room share:
    Smoking ok? Not OK? (I see you mention this)
    Booze ok? Not OK? (I see you mention this too.)
    Floor Space? Couch Space? Bed? Tub? (minimum comfort)
    Do you mind if you don't have access to the room during the day?
    What if you are not given a key?
    Do you need or want to be listed as a person in the room?
    (Must present ID at checkin) Useful to legally gain access to the room if you lose your key.
    Just to quickly answer those. I don't mind a small corner for me to sleep in. xD I've done it before. Keys aren't really a major thing for me, and if I don't end up having one, it's okay, as long as I know what the general times the key holder(s) is usually around, etc. Being listed as a person in the room is really nice, but not required.

If you resolve this elsewhere or with PM, it is a good idea to followup your thread with such a confirmation to let people know that you've been taken care of with room space.

Good luck!
    Thank you. n___n

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Re: Sharing Rooms @ Riviera Hotel?

Originally posted by velderia View Post
    This is probably too early to discuss and a little premature but I guess I'll give it a shot.

So... I'm laying out all possibilities for Defcon. It's going to be my first one. (GASP)

One of these possibilities is that I'll be too broke by August to even consider going to Defcon.

Another one of these possibilities, if I go, of course, is sharing rooms at the Hotel.

Quick facts:

Price: Let me know how much you're willing to deprive me of money. It would be nice not to spend any money but if you're asking for a price I'm open to that.

Personality: I'm a really, really silent person. Almost supernatural ninja-silent, but I'm not a ninja. I used to go to this convention in my area, called Animazement, (Yup, anime convention, small one) and used to share a room with a close friends. One time during the day a bunch of people came over to hang out and talk alot. Hours into hanging out, I let out a small complaint about my cell phone, and a person in front of me got startled, thinking I wasn't even there. See? Ninja-silent.

Other: I don't care if you drink or smoke. As long as you're not doing weed, or drinking to a point where you get drunk in an ultra-mega-violent-way. I bet most of y'all aren't like that anyway.
    We have a section for posting these kinds of requests but it doesn't open up until a month or two before the con.
    ([forum=26] Rides and Roomsharing [/forum])

You are welcome to try this here for now, but probably won't get many responses this early in the year. (Those that have tried to make plans with other people for rooms this early frequently find that one or more people back out, or are not heard from.)

I'll be editing this thread topic to include [Requesting Room Share] as part of it, so I can move it (and others) to room sharing once it is open for service.

Suggestions:
    If you have a local 2600 Group, or DCG in your area, attend a few meetings and get to know the people near you. These people are often your best choice for room sharing, as you can get to know them in the months leading up to Defcon, and they can get to know you.

If you know people that have attended a few conventions including defcon, and they are well known and trusted, ask if they will vouch for you as someone trustworthy. Some people won't let people share room space unless they know the person or trust the person or they trust a person that vouches for you. Having a shared friend can also help you if you trust your friend and they vouch for the people sharing the room.

HighWizard has assembled an unofficial Defcon FAQ that includes several considerations for people looking to share their room, or share someone else's room.

You may want to specify requirements in a room share:
    Smoking ok? Not OK? (I see you mention this)
    Booze ok? Not OK? (I see you mention this too.)
    Floor Space? Couch Space? Bed? Tub? (minimum comfort)
    Do you mind if you don't have access to the room during the day?
    What if you are not given a key?
    Do you need or want to be listed as a person in the room? (Must present ID at checkin) Useful to legally gain access to the room if you lose your key.

If you resolve this elsewhere or with PM, it is a good idea to followup your thread with such a confirmation to let people know that you've been taken care of with room space.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• velderia
    started a topic [Requesting Room Share] Sharing Rooms @ Riviera Hotel?

[Requesting Room Share] Sharing Rooms @ Riviera Hotel?

This is probably too early to discuss and a little premature but I guess I'll give it a shot.

So... I'm laying out all possibilities for Defcon. It's going to be my first one. (GASP)

One of these possibilities is that I'll be too broke by August to even consider going to Defcon.

Another one of these possibilities, if I go, of course, is sharing rooms at the Hotel.

Quick facts:

Price: Let me know how much you're willing to deprive me of money. It would be nice not to spend any money but if you're asking for a price I'm open to that.

Personality: I'm a really, really silent person. Almost supernatural ninja-silent, but I'm not a ninja. I used to go to this convention in my area, called Animazement, (Yup, anime convention, small one) and used to share a room with a close friends. One time during the day a bunch of people came over to hang out and talk alot. Hours into hanging out, I let out a small complaint about my cell phone, and a person in front of me got startled, thinking I wasn't even there. See? Ninja-silent.

Other: I don't care if you drink or smoke. As long as you're not doing weed, or drinking to a point where you get drunk in an ultra-mega-violent-way. I bet most of y'all aren't like that anyway.
Working...
X