• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Re: BBQ Update

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    i'd like to see GPS coords and google maps pressed into service. because i have to get to the park well before others (for Titanium Chef) and don't want to go to the wrong place. let's see a new thread, stickied, with the location details.
    I think for DC15 and DC14 Iprovided a google maps links with the gps long/lat, assuming the location is the same:

Post from DC15
    Google maps url
    Scrape from that URL provides ll=36.068653,-115.1129
    Longitude and Latitude are yours!
    Which would map out to 36.068653º N , 115.1129º W

Follow the google maps link to a sat view of the tables, centered over view.

Do I win a cookie? :-)

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• flyman
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    i'd like to see GPS coords and google maps pressed into service. because i have to get to the park well before others (for Titanium Chef) and don't want to go to the wrong place. let's see a new thread, stickied, with the location details.
    You can visit the unofficial sunset park page at http://www.sunsetcities.com/sunset-park/index.html...

OR

Visit the Google page of it... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...QOq3_iNDA&cd=1... Wee bit long, but it shall work.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• byteflip
    replied

update yet on location or i might have missed it in the last pages. being drunk and all.
    buzz kill

Leave a comment:

• flyman
    replied

Originally posted by L0nd0 View Post
    all I can say is burning hair.
    this is too steamy for me

Leave a comment:

• L0nd0
    replied

all I can say is burning hair.

Originally posted by converge View Post
    sweet geezus, backrubs and blowjobs at the grills and I was not made aware?? I'm gonna have to flip some meat this year too! .. wait .. that doesn't .. hrmm...

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

sweet geezus, backrubs and blowjobs at the grills and I was not made aware?? I'm gonna have to flip some meat this year too! .. wait .. that doesn't .. hrmm...

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by flyman View Post
    a Jaguar (On 19's, tinted win.) or pimped our Chrysler 300 (on 22's and tinted win.)
    that completely reminded me of Chris Rock's comments about some people's choices in terms of acquiring consumer goods.

Leave a comment:

• flyman
    replied

Depending on what and who else is coming with me, I can give transportation... Then you can be transported in either a Jaguar (On 19's, tinted win.) or pimped our Chrysler 300 (on 22's and tinted win.) ;D

Just let me know... ;]

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied

Originally posted by litsuka View Post
    This is my first defcon and I would like to attend the BBQ, how does someone get there from the Riviera? Can I hitch a ride easily with someone?
    If you don't have a pre-arranged ride, there are two meet-up times at the Riviera (one for the food run and one for the moochers ... err people who plan ahead and buy ahead of time). I think they are usually at the foot of the skybox stairs.

Just a heads-up, I have not had luck in the past with the food run meet-up time.

Leave a comment:

• valanx
    replied

Originally posted by litsuka View Post
    This is my first defcon and I would like to attend the BBQ, how does someone get there from the Riviera? Can I hitch a ride easily with someone?
    If you're that irongeek I'm pretty sure dosman and I will be going, you can tag with us if you like.

Leave a comment:

• litsuka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Joia
    replied

I'm a Vegas local with an SUV who's happy to deliver trays to the Goons... I live 10 minutes from the park.

Originally posted by VanSmaq View Post
    Myself and the other members from Titanium Chef's Team Smoke will be supplying some Smoked Pork Ribs and Chicken. We are planning on doing about 20 racks of ribs and 10 yard birds so there will be more than enough food to go around for anyone who wants to try it.

And just to make sure the goons get fed, we will fix up a tray to take back to the Riv. Is there anyone who can assist us in getting that food to them?

Leave a comment:

• flyman
    replied

Originally posted by Mixitup View Post
    Flyman, can you donate a small gift for the winner of hooch wars? (Actually there is no winner, but well..)

Its up to the group, but generally its a free for all BBQ. IM sure one of the more SR folks here could speak much better to your request.
    What is hooch wars? Also, we are more then just a Barbecue restaurant. We also do pastries, Nilla Wafer Vanilla Bean Banana Pudding (Infused with a french pastry cream), Cheesecakes (Strawberry, Plain (Vanilla bean), Butterfingers, Oreo, etc), Red Velvet Cake, and so many other desserts not to mention the spin on Cookies and Brownies (Almost all of our desserts have been in contests and Award Winning).

Either way, I am more then happy to donate anything for anything if their are no prizes and what not.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

Flyman, can you donate a small gift for the winner of hooch wars? (Actually there is no winner, but well..)

Its up to the group, but generally its a free for all BBQ. IM sure one of the more SR folks here could speak much better to your request.

Originally posted by flyman View Post
    I also saw that you guys need someone with a Sam's Club membership, is this still true? In addition, we have a Business Sam's Club Membership card (NO ID needed) and I can bring a bunch of people in with me and claim they are with my restaurant...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X