X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockheed
    replied
    Re: FOR CONTEST POCs

I just have to congratulate Russ on being man enough to use PASTELS for a layout drawing for DefCon. I almost want to frame it as "art"... almost. ;)

Leave a comment:

• CP99
    replied

Originally posted by Vyrus View Post
    1) are all power drops normal power strips plugged into the wall or are they "drops"?

2) 12 people to a table seems QUITE a bit more than last year, are these numbers accurate?

also if anybody knows of a place that will rent projectors i might be interested in renting some
    Russ, going with vyrus's questions here, is this the same space allotted for aCTF last year?
    If so, there may be a space issue. If the registered teams alone all showed up we would surpass that size.

Leave a comment:

• kallahar
    replied

Defconbots is more uh, neighbor friendly if it's in the corner, what with all the airsoft flying around and such :)

I'd suggest moving scav/defconbots down to the corner, and putting GH3/Gringo next to Info.

I'd also love a projector for saturday.

Kallahar

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
    See me and work out a schedule for a projector. I will have one with me at the CON. We just need to deconflict times between Jackalope and the Wireless Village, as I have already committed to letting them use it for short periods of time was well. (there is a possiblity I may have two with me also)
    In theory -> I would be using it between 1-3 or 12-2 on Saturday -- I would like to move the time the eeePC thing is up by an hour.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

what are all those breasts for on the page?

Leave a comment:

• Vyrus
    replied

1) are all power drops normal power strips plugged into the wall or are they "drops"?

2) 12 people to a table seems QUITE a bit more than last year, are these numbers accurate?

also if anybody knows of a place that will rent projectors i might be interested in renting some

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by LosT View Post
    Deviant, I should have a projector for my setup, contact me to work out you guys using it as well
    thanks, man! i may try to bring one of my own... but i really appreciate having you as an option, as well. you rock.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Deviant, I should have a projector for my setup, contact me to work out you guys using it as well...

LosT

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    i might even ask if i can snatch the wall of sheep's projector for a huge scoreboard, unless someone in the village can score me one for a little while.
    See me and work out a schedule for a projector. I will have one with me at the CON. We just need to deconflict times between Jackalope and the Wireless Village, as I have already committed to letting them use it for short periods of time was well. (there is a possiblity I may have two with me also)

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    if i can recall the food area's location last year, the "bottom" of this diagram appears to be the skybox level looking down upon us and the "right" side of this image is the wall to the outdoors. or am i wrong?
    The skyboxes are at the bottom. The left side is the wide corridor to the speaking areas.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

what are the tan squares? are they raised platform/stage type areas like in the past or just sort of roped off / taped off areas? (i see no central stage at all this time... just checking)

for the last half hour of Gringo Warrior i had hoped to let the top few finalists make one last run to attempt to beef up their scores and would like to call a little extra attention to that game in its final 20 minutes or so of playing time. you think there'd be a problem with me using the microphone to make some announcements and/or run a play-by-play on these last few competitors? i might even ask if i can snatch the wall of sheep's projector for a huge scoreboard, unless someone in the village can score me one for a little while.

i'd really prefer option two, i must say... because the wall is just too critical a part of DEFCON to be disturbed, i think.

P.S. - what is the large "green" patch of floor? is that the catered area primarily for food?

P.P.S. - i'm trying to orient myself a bit and see which way the room is facing... what wall has the "outside" doors (we still have the outside area accessible, right? just not equipped with as many tables, tents, or a dunk tank like in the past... correct?)

if i can recall the food area's location last year, the "bottom" of this diagram appears to be the skybox level looking down upon us and the "right" side of this image is the wall to the outdoors. or am i wrong?

Leave a comment:

• russ
    started a topic FOR CONTEST POCs

FOR CONTEST POCs

I've created the DRAFT map for the contest area. It includes the information for the contest area only, not HJ, the villages, etc. You can view the map here:

http://www.totallybog.us/2008contests.png

As you look are your placement, please keep in mind that a lot of people wanted the same spaces. I could not accommodate everyone to their specific requests. However, if you're missing a bunch of chairs, etc, let me know via email. Here's the legend (warning: it's going to feel like you're eating a bowl of Lucky Charms):

red circles = chairs
    brown circles - round tables
    pinkish rectangles = long tables
    orange circles = power connection
    green arrow = microphone
    blue stars = network drop requested
    purple polygons = trash can

Okay, peace out.
    -Russ
Working...
X