• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moleprince
    replied
    Re: Beryl

Originally posted by SlackJaw View Post
    Spare me the "no GUI" lectures, but have you all seen the Beryl GUI developed primarily for ubantu? That's a damn fine desktop! It even blows Mac away. Another question - Why are the videos featuring this GUI (on youtube) suddenly been yanked? Is there a problem? Oh, and since you brought up youtube, is Techno Viking still cool? Last question. Does anyone see a reason why the aforementions Beryl desktop wouldn't run on CENTos? I've never ran a GUI before, but I want this as my primary machine now.

I haven't ever played with Beryl, but on the occasions I do use a GUI, E17 is damned pretty.

I am unfamiliar with this Techno Viking that you speak of, but if it is anything like Viking Folk Metal, I will endorse it with both fists.

Oh.. dear.. I just looked this up. Maybe I'm just way too bored at work, but I chortled: The Techno Viking "They are taking the hobbits to Isengard" - http://youtube.com/watch?v=y3TK0MEtM-E

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied
    Re: Beryl

If you can wait a couple of days, I'll let you known if it works on CentOS.

Leave a comment:

• SlackJaw
    started a topic Beryl

Beryl

Spare me the "no GUI" lectures, but have you all seen the Beryl GUI developed primarily for ubantu? That's a damn fine desktop! It even blows Mac away. Another question - Why are the videos featuring this GUI (on youtube) suddenly been yanked? Is there a problem? Oh, and since you brought up youtube, is Techno Viking still cool? Last question. Does anyone see a reason why the aforementions Beryl desktop wouldn't run on CENTos? I've never ran a GUI before, but I want this as my primary machine now.
Working...
X