Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B|ackCat
    replied
    Thank You Russ! I will call them, or I will do some web surfing when my clients calm down today. I have to go back to work, I would rather stay here, but my deko calls for my attention.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Alexis Park

Yeah, I think that's too much. What you COULD do is call Amerisuites, they're usually not too bad. OR, we actually booked at the Aladdin. Cost $79 weekday and $129 weekend.... I think. It's worth checking into. I know a couple of friends who were planning on staying at the Hard Rock, but settled on the Aladdin because of costs.

Leave a comment:

• B|ackCat
    replied
    Ok Thank you for trying

But at $120+ a night I rather stay elsewhere. I admit it I pinch pennies. You try getting a plane from Montana for less then $300.
    There are 4 of us going again. This year I got stuck with paying for the hotel rooms. Everyone else is broke.
    Plus, they won’t let me share the room with strangers this time like I did for Defcon 6. Ok, I admit it I got ripped off, but it was still fun. And the guys fixed my laptop before they left.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Have you called AP to extend the days? I just reserved my room a week or so ago for check-in on the 1st, checkout on the 5th. However, I forgot that my flight was scheduled to arrive mid-day on July 31st, called back, and got the additional day without a problem...

Leave a comment:

• B|ackCat
    replied
    Hotel Ideas???

Ok, I have a room at AP for Friday and Saturday, but now I need a hotel for Thursday and Monday? Any Ideas???

Also someone remind me to plan things before I buy an airline ticket.

I am lost in a world of my own creation.

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    That's funny that you say they made notes on your reservation. When I called to check on my room the lady kept asking for my name so she could look it up. I insisted that that wasn't necessary since I only needed to know if my rate was locked in.

After trying at least three more times to get my name, she finally gave up and told me I was locked in at the rate I was quoted earlier.

It must be policy to change things when people call to confirm.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Alexis Park typists....

After I saw rumors about rooms not being available, new contract, etc, I called Alexis Park to confirm my room once again at the rate I was quoted. They confirmed it, and the fact that it was non-refundable. When I made the reservation it WAS refundable with 24 hours notice, but I heard the recepotionist typing madly.

Out of curiouslity I called back the next day and asked about notes regarding the day I called. They told me that the NEW rules were in effect for me since that is when I talked with htem last.

Seems I could have received a refund up until being told that I could not. Those hotel folks must be at their wits end with Defcon issues!

Leave a comment:

• Jenn
    replied
    non refunadable deposit

I reserved a room in February as well, but I did it online. When I made the reservation, I had to put up the $120 for the first night as well, but they didn't tell me that it was non refundable. When I cancelled the reservation (right before they raised the price) they had to give me a refund because when I made the reservation they did not tell me the deposit was non refundable. Maybe this will work for you...who knows, but it's worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• B|ackCat
    replied
    Room Rate

Trust me it gets better.

I made my reservations back at the end of February and they charged my card for the fist night non-refundable 120+.

Now that we are arriving on Thursday and leaving Monday I will be staying at two hotels. Any ideas???

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    reservations

I got my tickler in for my DC10 room reservation before leaving DC9. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Dude....you couldn't pay me to stay at the AP. I need my 33 minutes of sleep each nite to be uniterrupted.

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Hah

Silly Monkey. Sleep is for the weak!!

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    $$$$

That's insame. $50 a night extra now? whew... Glad I dont stay at the AP! haha Besides, goons tend to not get sleep if they stay at the AP during the con.

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Lesson Learned ..... Reserve Early

Nevermind, I called them. If you reserved your room before the price change then your price is locked in. Good thing I reserved my room in October, saved me fifty bucks a night. :)

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    I'm here to help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X