PhreakNIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhreakNIC?

Anyone here going to PhreakNIC? I've never been and I want to go, so I will be there. If anyone else is going, post here and we can work out dinner or something.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Re: PhreakNIC?

Yup. Lots of others you know will be there as well. I'll let some of those folks know you are going to be there and they can get in touch with you here.

Regards,

valkyrie

Comment

PhreakNIC has been on my list of things to hit for AGES and i really, really wanted to go this time around but it's right before a number of us leave for Malaysia so i don't think it's going to work for me. If i had the ability to book flights directly from there maybe there'd have been a chance, but we have to depart from EWR since only that airport as well as LAX are the ones serviced by Malaysia Airlines, it seems.

Blasting up from TN all the way to Newark, NJ just would kill me in the hours just before the 24-hour bounce that is the route to KL. I don't know how much weed or X it would take to make that whole journey workable, but i'm sure it wouldn't be a good idea to try to bring either into Malaysia.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Just looked at airfare, is out for me... I would like to go at some point, too.
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
        ======================================

Comment

I went about 4 years ago and had a good time.. I hear it has really grown since then. I assume it is still small enough to be pretty drama-free. I will look into going.. but with work projects kicking my arse I dunno if it will pan out for me.
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I'll be there. Lurve small cons, as Che said, less drama, more beer. =)

This one and NotaCon are great for the smaller con thing.
            "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
              Just looked at airfare, is out for me... I would like to go at some point, too.
              If you lived in this area you could drive there in two days. Spend the first night in Charlotte North Carolina and have some great bar-b-que - Carolina style of course.

p.s. you could pick me up on your way through Virginia !
              DaKahuna

Comment

Planning to go here.

Comment

Me and the Hak5 crew are planning on making it out as well.
                  ------------------------
                  Mubix
                  ------------------------
                  2 cents deposited
                  ------------------------

Comment

Now, next question. What hotel should I stay at? Reading the reviews for the hotel that hosts PhreakNIC makes the hotel out to be slightly more sophisticated than a crackhouse. Although, I do get the feeling I could get some crack there if I really wanted some. Now, I dont need swanky, top hat and monocle accommodations, but some place where I dont have to fight the roaches and bums would be nice.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                      Now, next question. What hotel should I stay at? Reading the reviews for the hotel that hosts PhreakNIC makes the hotel out to be slightly more sophisticated than a crackhouse. Although, I do get the feeling I could get some crack there if I really wanted some. Now, I dont need swanky, top hat and monocle accommodations, but some place where I dont have to fight the roaches and bums would be nice.
                      Yes, the place is a dump.. at least when I went 4 years ago. Actually, it was one step above a lot lizard infested truckstop hotel. Rubber bed covers, thread-bare sheets, the whole nine. I did not see any roaches.. perhaps the smell ran them away. Any other bugs seemed domesticated... you could pet them.

The neighborhood is not the best in the world.. the up side: your CCW is good there, so you may get some practice!

Anyone know if it has been cleaned up since then? I don't know if there are any decent places around.. we did not venture out except to go downtown and eat at a really good German place.

Skydog may be a good contact on this one..
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Vyrus and myself should be making it there as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X