Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality of Life on the Net

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quality of Life on the Net

    It appears that I am hearing alot more lately that forums are becoming a "hostile" place. I travel the net and hear f**ktards saying things like "The mods in the <name removed> forum are a**holes." or "They won't teach me to hack." My question is, are we really that hard to get along with that the public considers us hostile? Are we actually degrading the quality of life on the net because we refuse to break laws, whether moral or legal. I ask the public a simple question, Why do you require us to step over the line for you? When we refuse why are we labeled as a**holes because we won't help you break the law just to figure out if your spouse if faithful or not?

  • #2
    Re: Quality of Life on the Net

    Being called an a$$hole by a fscktard should not have any bearing upon ones self esteem.

    As long as you're confident in yourself, why do you care what someone that wants to break the law thinks about you?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Quality of Life on the Net

      It is not a matter of my self-esteem. It is a matter of our community coming under scrutiny yet again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Quality of Life on the Net

        Originally posted by SarperDomain View Post
        It is not a matter of my self-esteem. It is a matter of our community coming under scrutiny yet again.
        Scrutiny from who? Fscktards that want to learn to hack? It sounds from your post that we're doing it right by not teaching them how to hack. That would seem to be a good thing.
        A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Quality of Life on the Net

          Scrutiny that everyone believes that we are all law-breaking cowboys out to root every system and that it shouldn't be a big deal for us to break the law. I am not upset just perturbed at the idea that this is what the public thinks of us. We are not the criminals that cracked a certain Yahoo email account, so please don't treat us as such.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Quality of Life on the Net

            Homeless beggars on the street ask for hand-outs. They too want other people to give them things for free. Some of them choose to provide unkind comments to those that don't give them free money. This group tends to fail to acquire their free handouts.

            Caustic technology and information beggars. That is what they are.

            To see, To bleed, Cannot be taught,
            In turn, You're making us, Fucking hostile,
            We stand alone.
            (Pantera)

            Where is Chris when you need him? He could translate and adapt this better than me.

            I guess I'll take a stab at it:
            To bleed for your art, and be driven to learn about something by curiosity and wonder cannot be taught.
            To beg instead, for answers makes people hostile.
            In the end, the motivated, inquisitive people stand alone from the tech beggars.




            There is wisdom everywhere, for those that choose to find it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Quality of Life on the Net

              SARPERSBRAIN~:# translate --language=TheCotManism --from_dev --dev=Defcon/TheCotMan
              translator: found language "TheCotManism" as sub-language of Chrisism.
              translator: Input Translation from "/dev/Defcon/TheCotMan" Successful!
              Last edited by SarperDomain; October 11, 2008, 22:15. Reason: upgrade for the funny effect as I suck at lols

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Quality of Life on the Net

                all JK aside thank you, that actually made total sense, thanks Cot and JewAfriAmishAmerican dude :-)
                Last edited by SarperDomain; October 11, 2008, 22:10. Reason: Recently learned of streakers convert to Judism, lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Post removed.

                  Removed...
                  Last edited by SarperDomain; October 12, 2008, 07:32. Reason: Got sleep, realized I was an ass to streaker

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Quality of Life on the Net

                    Originally posted by SarperDomain View Post
                    It appears that I am hearing alot more lately that forums are becoming a "hostile" place. I travel the net and hear f**ktards saying things like "The mods in the <name removed> forum are a**holes." or "They won't teach me to hack." My question is, are we really that hard to get along with that the public considers us hostile? Are we actually degrading the quality of life on the net because we refuse to break laws, whether moral or legal. I ask the public a simple question, Why do you require us to step over the line for you? When we refuse why are we labeled as a**holes because we won't help you break the law just to figure out if your spouse if faithful or not?
                    Won't teach me to hack? I'm not sure but is that like "not teaching someone to be heterosexual?" Hacking is inbred. Hacking is the need to know, no matter what makes it tick. For the love of Pete, hacking knowledge is what the "scriptkiddies" better learn to bring to the table instead of demanding others teach them. I'm actually insulted by this thread. The only hostile place wantabe hacking beggars find themselves in is lazyfair. Get off your ars's and hack then tell what you learned from the experience!
                    Last edited by Greyhatter; October 12, 2008, 00:10.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Quality of Life on the Net

                      I've never really understood people that ask to learn how to hack. What exactly do they want to know? How to read their girlfriend's hotmail account to validate that she is cheating on them?

                      You gotta bring something to the table... and perhaps if those f*<ktards asked more direct questions such as "how did someone emulate the IR for the Apple Remotes on the DefCon badges?" they might be better received....

                      just my $.02



                      ......if you ever see someone that asks you 'How to hack'... just hit them in the forehead 3 times while saying "STUPID-STUPID-STUPID"... turn.. and walk away.... I promise you will leave with a smile! ;)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Quality of Life on the Net

                        If someone asks a specific technical question I don't have a problem with that. Questions that show; yes you have done some work, I have no problem with. Even if the question is a little vague, I'll try and and lead them to the right place. How to hack an account is not specific it is way to general and shows no previous knowledge or experience.

                        People constantly expect that because something is easy for you it's therefore easy for them. They expect you to be able to impart by osmosis all your years of formal & self education as well as your experience by simply touching them on the shoulder. It just doesn't work like that. Simple is the exception, pain in the butt difficult is the rule.

                        If you hand them that knowledge and experience and they get in trouble then they don't have to take personal responsibility for it; because they didn't do anything for it.

                        xor
                        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Quality of Life on the Net

                          Originally posted by xor View Post

                          People constantly expect that because something is easy for you it's therefore easy for them. They expect you to be able to impart by osmosis all your years of formal & self education as well as your experience by simply touching them on the shoulder. It just doesn't work like that. Simple is the exception, pain in the butt difficult is the rule.
                          I put hacking books under my pillow at night so the knowledge within seeps into my brain while I sleep.
                          A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Quality of Life on the Net

                            Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                            I put hacking books under my pillow at night so the knowledge within seeps into my brain while I sleep.
                            Good luck with that Streaker. It may work better if you remove the hat first. ;~)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Quality of Life on the Net

                              Originally posted by Greyhatter View Post
                              Good luck with that Streaker. It may work better if you remove the hat first. ;~)
                              So far it's work, except it does have it's drawbacks. I put War & Peace there one time and didn't wake up for 2 weeks.
                              A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X