a holiday gift for you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a holiday gift for you all

well... the holidays are fast approaching, and if anyone here is like me there's a chance that at least a few of the people on your list are getting some sort of downloaded music or movie content. whether you're a hardcore underground hipster downloading unknown DJ cuts from Sweden and obscure anime from Asia or just a student saturating your university's pipe with a huge uTorrent session 24/7, i have something for you.

What better way to show your gift recipients the fruits of all your downloading than by burning it on recordable media bearing the signature of the crew behind The Pirate Bay...

back when the TOOOL directors were in Malaysia for HackInTheBox, we had the crew from TPB stop by our Lockpick Village. When our man Mr. E had seized much of the attention by handcuffing himself to brokep's girlfriend josephine...

... i took the opportunity to grab brokep and TiAMO and have them fire off a few signatures on blank media i had sitting in my bag...

... while i plan to bring the "official" discs with me to DEFCON as prizes for some of my contests next year, anyone who's interested can grab this template image i whipped up in Photoshop featuring the signatures as well as the Pirate Bay logo.

fire up your disc printers and lightscribe drives, people, and give the gift of copyright violation in style.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: a holiday gift for you all

Awesome man thanks x)

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Con for quite some time (financial reasons, unless someone knows of a cargo ship going from Europe to the states with some room in the back of a container) so I won't be winning any contests. Definitely printing some of these when I get home though.
    This is a horrible font

Comment

heh, dev, you were gonna tell me about this, when?

i want one!
      ======================================
      DJ Jackalope
      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
      ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
        i want one!
        step 1 - grab the Photoshop template
        step 2 - fire up your Warez0red version of said image tool
        step 3 - tweak the image to the right size and format of your choosing, possibly adding a lope image in the process
        step 4 - fire up that Epson printer of yours and start cranking out the customized media
        step 5 - choose the best items you can from your collection of ripped media (Interstella 5555 gets my vote, hehe) and burn, burn, burn
        step 6 - give them out as gifts, making yourself even more über badass than usual this holiday season.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

thanks dev. very thoughtful but i didn't get you anything...
          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Working...
          X