X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyhatter
    replied
    Re: How not to sell a BB

No matter your politics, stupid is as stupid does.

Leave a comment:

• erehwon
    replied

Originally posted by renderman View Post
    http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/N...=3.14.1&sflg=1

The McCain campaign sold off a blackberry for $20 chock full of private info..... To a reporter!

Not trying to bring politics into it, but yet another high profile example of what hot to do with information leakage
    WaPo had a story about the McCain IT firesale on the 10th, and with the prices listed for the Blackberry 8700c's (and the likelihood that they'd be wiped) I thought to myself, this is going end well...

Now I'm wondering if this disclosure of information will be as epic as the Morgan Stanley BB sold on eBay in 2003 for $15.50.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

gotta love the closing...
    We called the McCain-Palin campaign, who says, “it was an unfortunate staff error and procedures are being put in place to ensure all information is secure.”

But we wonder-- Did we get the only Blackberry with personal campaign information in it? Or did you get one too?

Let us know by dropping an email to fox5tips@wttg.com or calling our Fox 5 News Desk
    it'd be funny to see if this generates any follow-up.

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Grunts...Cave Man Like Grunt....mmmmm Blackberry......

Helllllloooooooo it's called remote wipe.

Ahhh man I wish I could have gotten one of those laptops. Mmmmmm tasty. But of course that would be unethical to release the information if any found on said device.

xor

PS This is exactly why I run my own mail server which has the mobile remote wipe feature built into it. This way I don't have to rely on some customer service person to do there job.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    started a topic How not to sell a BB

How not to sell a BB

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/N...=3.14.1&sflg=1

The McCain campaign sold off a blackberry for $20 chock full of private info..... To a reporter!

Not trying to bring politics into it, but yet another high profile example of what hot to do with information leakage
Working...
X