How to hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hack

People on the Internet want to know how to do a lot of things... like draw, kiss, write, and cook. Google tracks this sort of thing:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/...2008/mind.html

...and "how to hack" came in at #6 this year.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Re: How to hack

Originally posted by bascule View Post
    People on the Internet want to know how to do a lot of things... like draw, kiss, write, and cook. Google tracks this sort of thing:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/...2008/mind.html

...and "how to hack" came in at #6 this year.
    How to kiss.....? Don't these people have TV......? That's just an odd one. I think the question rather than how to kiss is; do I have lips?

xor
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
      How to kiss.....? Don't these people have TV......? That's just an odd one. I think the question rather than how to kiss is; do I have lips?

xor
      I believe if they'd check the logs on that, that query came from a large quantity of /. posters.
      A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Interestingly enough, at least the people searching on "how to hack" are getting some decent answers;

3rd Result

You stay up all night on the PC typing and typing. No, you're not hacking. You're begging someone on IRC to teach you how to hack! Let's look at the facts:

1. You're a luser and you're annoying. No one likes you if you ask others how to hack without taking the least amount of initiative.
        2. You're not worthy of any title even resembling hacker, cracker, phreaker, etc., so don't go around calling yourself that! The more you do, the less likely you are to find someone willing to teach you how to hack (which is an infinitesimal chance, any way).
        3. You're wasting your time (if you couldn't infer that in the first place). Many real hackers (not those shitty script kiddies) spend all their insomniac hours reading and, yes even, HACKING! (Hacking doesn't necessarily (but usually does) mean breaking into another system. It could mean just working on your own system, BUT NOT WINDOWS '9x (unless you're doing some really menacing registry shit, in which case, you're kind of cool).)

You're probably thinking, "Then what should I do. If no one's going to help me, how can I learn to hack?" Have you ever tried READING (I assume this far that you are literate).
        Couldn't have put it better myself.
        This is a horrible font

Comment

these were great: how to run, how to spell...how about how to spell while running?
          "Don't forget to breathe..."

Comment

Working...
          X