X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sereyna
    replied
    Re: ShmooCon Badge

I do believe that sounds like the best option. Never been on a train before, so that in of itself will be an experience. I might actually get a chance to finish FFIII on my DS yet...

Leave a comment:

• beakmyn
    replied

A drive to Augusta and flight to DCA will run you $244. Take the train, enjoy the ride, hope no one builds a rolling meth lab in the bathroom.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by Sereyna View Post
    Columbia, SC
    Amtrak's Silver Star to Union Station would be about $60 for a one-way shot coming from where you are. The con hotel is directly above the Zoo stop on the metro, easy bounce.

I just rode on the Vermonter train up to see thorn, and i have to say... the amazing roominess of the seats and power outlets at every location imaginable made that 11-hour ramble pass like nothing at all. As much as i hate the government subsidies that make the train network suck ass, i still prefer it over planes whenever i have the chance to ride them in an economically-sensible way.

Leave a comment:

• Sereyna
    replied

Sereyna drives a Saturn SL which has already seen it's fair share of wear'n'tear. I'm looking into anything that'll be cost-effective at this point, since I'm pretty much already sold on the idea of getting out there. I'm coming from Columbia, SC, so we've got an airport in town, too.

Foul tempters, the lot of you.

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    7 hours at approx. 70 MPH = close to 500 miles

i'm assuming you're talking about a one-way trip there, given your location of South Carolina.

that equals 1000 miles for the trip. at the current rate of fuel, wear & tear, tolls, etc. the gov factors as 40 cents per mile, you're talking about $400, and that's not even counting the ShmooCon hotel's horrendous parking prices.

you could make the trip for far, far less on a plane and be there and back in much less time.
    I'm coming from Cincinnati via car and the total cost for gas round trip will come out to ~$75...then again Sereyna may drive a Bugatti which could definitely make the wear and tear costs make up the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by Sereyna View Post
    I'm trying so hard not to rationalize a 7-hour solo road trip right now.
    7 hours at approx. 70 MPH = close to 500 miles

i'm assuming you're talking about a one-way trip there, given your location of South Carolina.

that equals 1000 miles for the trip. at the current rate of fuel, wear & tear, tolls, etc. the gov factors as 40 cents per mile, you're talking about $400, and that's not even counting the ShmooCon hotel's horrendous parking prices.

you could make the trip for far, far less on a plane and be there and back in much less time.

Leave a comment:

• Sereyna
    replied

Hopefully someone more worthy, here on the forums, still wishes to go to the con.
    I'm trying so hard not to rationalize a 7-hour solo road trip right now.

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied

I don't want to do the eBay thing and let some goofus over-pay just to arrive and try to show the local feds how he turned his old XBOX1 into an automopwner and asking if there are any jobs at the NSA that he can have.
    :
    Damn, now I feel bad, that's what I did with my extra ticket last year.

But hey, I made a good profit on it, so I guess it all works out.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Glad you'll be there with us, sir. This means that i still have my friend's one extra. Since she's speaking, she won't need the one i got for her. It's still up for grabs.

I don't want to do the eBay thing and let some goofus over-pay just to arrive and try to show the local feds how he turned his old XBOX1 into an automopwner and asking if there are any jobs at the NSA that he can have.

Hopefully someone more worthy, here on the forums, still wishes to go to the con.

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied

I got a bar code! Woo! Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

I may have a spare (maybe two).

Leave a comment:

• afterburn188
    replied

there is a chance i can help you out. one of our TOOOL members had bought a ticket but was then accepted as a speaker, so i can see if it's still available. PM me if you're still in need. i'm about 80% sure it may be available.
    If anyone else has a ticket available I have a few friends who are looking for ones. PM if you can help.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

there is a chance i can help you out. one of our TOOOL members had bought a ticket but was then accepted as a speaker, so i can see if it's still available. PM me if you're still in need. i'm about 80% sure it may be available.

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
    Hey there folks, I have yet again not been able to snag a ShmooCon badge! If you have an extra sitting around, I have $200...and free beer once the con starts. :)

PM me or respond if you can help! Thanks in advance.
    It's a barcode but you knew that. :-)

xor

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    started a topic ShmooCon Badge

ShmooCon Badge

Hey there folks, I have yet again not been able to snag a ShmooCon badge! If you have an extra sitting around, I have $200...and free beer once the con starts. :)

PM me or respond if you can help! Thanks in advance.
Working...
X